Braumeister NEXTGEN Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks browndog thats a massive complement

Blackapple, i'm working tomorrow but i should be able to electrically test it to make sure its safe and then on sunday is bathurst so im planning on drinking alot so i dont really know when the first brew will happen but hopefully soon

cheers steve

lol common steve drinking heaps of beer and being distracted by the tv is the day you HAVE! to brew :p cant expect any less

Tanga, about $120 but the two most expensive parts were the box at $30 and the transformer which was also $30.
The transformer had to be fairly big because im also running the pump with it, but if i was to do it again i would buy a 5A 12v switchmode power supply of ebay for alot cheaper.

Ouch. For the brewbot I got a 12v 6A "LCD monitor" power supply off ebay, under $10 delivered. Very small and seems to live up to it's rating. It's even survived a few accidental short circuits.

Great build anyway.

Not as pricey as I feared, and beautiful. When my 20L urn grows up it wants to be a Braumiser. Thanks for the chance to see her inception. Awesome. Save first brewday until a quiet one (so you can take lots of pics). :icon_drool2:

Stupid question time, Ive noticed with the vids on the Braumeister the wort gets pumped out under the grain bed and rises up through the grain and over the side.
With this Braumiser does the wort get pumped up through the malt pipe and out the top of the malt pipe and flows down through the grain bed back to the pump?

So it doesnt matter which way it goes?

so electrically its all safe meggered at 20m ohms and all exposed metal parts are earthed correctly

lol common steve drinking heaps of beer and being distracted by the tv is the day you HAVE! to brew :p cant expect any less
its funny kelby i built a semi automated brewery but ill have to watch it like a hawk when im trialling it out :D

Ouch. For the brewbot I got a 12v 6A "LCD monitor" power supply off ebay, under $10 delivered. Very small and seems to live up to it's rating. It's even survived a few accidental short circuits.

Great build anyway.

yeah Zizzle i had a bit of a brain fart when i was searching for the power supply and forgot to check ebay. Thanks Zizzle your builds are always brilliant.

Not as pricey as I feared, and beautiful. When my 20L urn grows up it wants to be a Braumiser. Thanks for the chance to see her inception. Awesome. Save first brewday until a quiet one (so you can take lots of pics). :icon_drool2:

i will be taking lots of pics

Stupid question time, Ive noticed with the vids on the Braumeister the wort gets pumped out under the grain bed and rises up through the grain and over the side.
With this Braumiser does the wort get pumped up through the malt pipe and out the top of the malt pipe and flows down through the grain bed back to the pump?

So it doesnt matter which way it goes?
it goes the same way as the braumeister, the pump sucks from the outside of the malt pipe and pumps up through the middle

nice build mate :icon_cheers:

definitely one of the coolest things I've seen on here. nice work!
thanks yardy and MikE

I branded it

SANY1532.JPG

Matho that is absolutely brilliant mate. Thats the best build I have seen be completed on this forum, seriously. Will be picking your brains on that one for sure.

Cheers Brasd

Nice job matho. May i ask how much in total it cost to build? and when do you plan to err....... "pop her cherry" :eek:

_wallace_

Matho that is absolutely brilliant mate. Thats the best build I have seen be completed on this forum, seriously. Will be picking your brains on that one for sure.

Cheers Brasd
Thanks mate pick away :)

Nice job matho. May i ask how much in total it cost to build? and when do you plan to err....... "pop her cherry" :eek:

_wallace_

Thanks wallace it has cost me just under $500 but i reckon i could do it again for about $350, the element alone cost $175 but i think you can get the concealed crown urn element for $60 which could be made to work quite nicely

edit: I'm hoping to brew on it by the end of the week
cheers matho

I don't see why a 20L electric urn wouldn't work. That's my sinister plan. I already have the outer pot, electrical element and base sorted. =)

I'm keeping an eye out for cheap inner pots and broken coffee makers.

What size is the max / min for the malt pipe Matho?

I don't see why a 20L electric urn wouldn't work. That's my sinister plan. I already have the outer pot, electrical element and base sorted. =)

I'm keeping an eye out for cheap inner pots and broken coffee makers.

What size is the max / min for the malt pipe Matho?

a 20l urn would certainly work tanga

about the malt pipe i went off the value of 1 kg of grain = 0.65 l and just over 2l per kg of water in the malt pipe, with those numbers and an 8l malt pipe i should be able to do 11l at 1.060

cheers matho

Well done mate!!!

get a vid on youtube when your brewing!

now to do this to my keggle,,,,,

a 20l urn would certainly work tanga

about the malt pipe i went off the value of 1 kg of grain = 0.65 l and just over 2l per kg of water in the malt pipe, with those numbers and an 8l malt pipe i should be able to do 11l at 1.060

cheers matho

Thanks. Looks like I might be part way there.

I have a cheap Kmart 7.6 L stainless pot which I can take the plastic handles off (leaving it all stainless) which I think could do for the malt pipe. I was thinking some of the aluminium flywire mesh in the bottom? Or are the holes too big? I have a round silicon cake 'tin' that fits nearly perfectly as a giant washer in the bottom. Some more closeups of the malt pipe would be great.

Thanks. Looks like I might be part way there.

I have a cheap Kmart 7.6 L stainless pot which I can take the plastic handles off (leaving it all stainless) which I think could do for the malt pipe. I was thinking some of the aluminium flywire mesh in the bottom? Or are the holes too big? I have a round silicon cake 'tin' that fits nearly perfectly as a giant washer in the bottom. Some more closeups of the malt pipe would be great.

sounds good when i can ill post some pics

Back