Braumeister NEXTGEN Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just a quick update, i had the day off yesterday so i spent time working on the controller. I have got most of it sorted, all i have to do is get the auto funtion working and sort out some of the display values for the menu.
talking about the menus the program size before i added the setup menu was 4k and after i added the menu it went up to 14K, lucky i have a 32K chip.
I have a bit of time coming up over the long weekend so hopefully, with i bit of luck ill get it finished soon.

cheers matho

I have finished the program its a little bit over 19k. I have given it a run on the bench (not connected to the pot yet) and I'm happy with how it's working.

features programmed so far are

Temperature display and adjustment with a 0.5 deg resolution
The PID uses the full 12bits from the DS18B20 which gives a resolution of 0.0625 deg

Manual mode:

Manual control of the pump, heating element and the temperature

Auto mode:

Delay start from 0 the 12hrs

Mash in stage plus 5 more step stages (I will be able to add more stages later if i want to)

Boil stage with temperature adjustable between 94 and 120 deg whilst the boil is going

5 audible hop addition reminders

Setup:

PID parameter adjustment so i can setup the PID to work correctly

Auto parameter adjustment mash in temp, the 5 stages temps and times, the hop addition times and the boil length

I have had a cable issue between the board and the LCD so i have to wait until the long weekend is over until i can get some parts to fix it so hopefully by mid week ill have it all together and then maybe a test brew next weekend.

cheers matho

some pics

start up screen

control_box_3.JPG

manual mode

control_box_4.JPG

auto

control_box_5.JPG

cheers matho

5 audible hop addition reminders

To Braumeister and beyond!
You probably have it set this way but just in case you don't. My 2c is that the alarm should keep sounding until you hit an alarm off or continue command. If it just alarms for 10 seconds or so and you're away from the brewery you might miss it.

thanks malted

i had it going for the whole minute but it drove me crazy, at the moment it just beeps but i can change it to keep going until i acknowledge it.
that is the beauty of doing it yourself you can change it when you want.

cheers matho

lol Id set a alram 2 mins before or what ever for 10-20 secs then a beep when it has to be added.

Looking good matho. when you coming to build mine??? haha ;)

So i have noticed the the start up screen had a typo and i thought that ill change it, at the moment I'm thinkig of

Mini BrewMaster

but i thought i might put it out there and see if anyone can come up with something else, it has to be 16 characters long or less including spaces.

cheers matho

ptit frere or pistonbroke if you don't already have that name anywhere other than your signature.

like the hyphenated word thing and a reference to malt is cool

maybe something like The Malt-O-Matic or The Wort-O-Matic

and i also like little brother as it is small and kinda like a braumeister B)

Also I wasn't going to do it but I thought why the hell not so I made up the front label for the control unit

SANY1524.JPG

I used Avery identification labels durable heavy duty (code 936067) which is a plastic printable sticker, I then put a few coats of clear acrylic paint over the top

cheers matho

Little brother/little bro is also 'little brew' if you talk to someone from New Zealand.

The whole concept (of the machine, not the name) is exactly what excites me about the DIY spirit of many homebrewers. Good effort.

How about Little Brau.

A nod and a wink to the Braumeister that inspired it.

Hello Steve,

Would love to come down and see it in action when it is ready.

Great work.

Regards

Graeme

Hello Steve,

Would love to come down and see it in action when it is ready.

Great work.

Regards

Graeme

yep no worries Graeme you are always welcome mate

Back