Braumeister Clone (UK)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My main kettle has just arrived:
10403318_10205264903395696_7376343846833335048_n.jpg

• I still need to finish my build and fully test it out, been waiting for the Lael control panel ;) , if I find the single pump doesn't perform how I want it to, its a relatively easy to swap it for a larger pump or 2 pumps. The bend-able elements are available in a wide range of wattage, so you could always go for a lesser wattage but add another element for getting to temp / the boil.
There was mention earlier in the thread of getting a malt tube made, which I have done in the past on a 20l BM build, I do however like the additional comment of making extension pieces for it to add to the flexibly of the system.

Or as you are in Germany check out the brauundrauchshop.ch Swiss site quite a few original BM bits available on there.

Your pot BTW looks exactly the same make as the one I am using.

barneey, yes it indeed is the same make.

I want to drill as less holes as possible, because the pot is not cheap, so nice and not easily available otherwise :) And I know I can easily drill something somewhere. I'd rather go with just one element to avoid unneeded openings. Want to keep things concise.

This will be my malt pipe:

$_57.JPG

Those things are stackable, so I'm planning to have two, e.g. 330mm and 250mm, to be able to brew 20l batches minimum, and bigger batches by and putting the malt pipe segments together, if I need.
I made some calculations on the total volume (not considering grain absorption or any other side factors so far):
ScreenShot2015-02-18at114932.png

Should be pretty comfortable with brewing up to 50l :)

Is the height of these taken as overall or + the collar.

Example if you were to fit 2 x 250mm would the height be 500mm or More or less?

Cheers

The tube has arrived:

IMG_20150221_125915.jpg

IMG_20150221_130304.jpg

Yeah, well, it's 0.6mm thick wall, and since there is no rigid ring around it it didn't hold long as a circle. But all in all, good enough for 20eur.

No, there isn't. The ridge you see is on the outside. I will secure 4 pieces of L-type stainless steel profile on the bottom of the pipe to support the false bottom.

geogaga said:
No, there isn't. The ridge you see is on the outside. I will secure 4 pieces of L-type stainless steel profile on the bottom of the pipe to support the false bottom.
Another idea for you, if you were to get some bendable stainless flat bar, say 1mm thick, bend and pop rivet that onto the pot might strengthen the thing + then fix some bolts around the perimeter (through the new band) these acting as a support for the false bottom.

Could be. Getting the bar is not an issue. Bending might be though :) I think when two 2mm thick false bottoms are in, they will form a perfect cylinder with a rigid rib cage, there should not be an issue.

Btw, just finished prototyping my Arduino Mega 2560 shield for the thing.

ardbir_arduino_mega_2560_shield_prototype.png

[SIZE=14.4444446563721px]Already dry-ran some wiring yesterday:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.4444446563721px]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBpC3R3ArrQ[/SIZE]

Just googled what Lael controller is (never heard of that). It's basically based on Brauduino, on which ArdBir is based. In the end, I think I will be rewriting the software either way, have a slightly different vision on functions, user interface, etc. So far the target is to brew a batch on the system. Essentially, there is just subtle difference, right? [SIZE=14.4444446563721px]And I think maybe it's easier to make one in a day or two than waiting until it's shipped. Besides from that, I think, the main driver is to go through the whole journey :)[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back