Bling For Your Font

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batz said:
Hey Geoff how did this turn out?
Gday Jeff,

Apart from all the "naysayers" on here it is still icing up without any other modifications to the chiller.

Now, I have been to see his mate with a converted freezer type kegerator and he is not using his set up at the moment as he is working away most of the time and is not brewing.
He is also half way through building a house so has no plans to recommission the kegerator until the house is finished.
This leaves me with no one I know close at hand to try this product in a similar freezer conversion to yours, unless someone I don't know reads this post from Port Lincoln and wants to spend a few dollars and give it a try.

An observation which we have noted since adding the "Glyce" to the chiller is that if he switches the chiller off for a few days and then turns it back on it doesn't ice up, however not a problem because when he stirs the water in the reservoir of the chiller for a few seconds then PRESTO it ices up almost immediately. I think it must settle out. This is because he hasn't fitted a recirculation line as per the label instructions

Jeff, I am impressed with how it works and if you wanted to go further I would get onto Andale and ask them for some info.

I am reluctant to recommend buying a bottle of this stuff as it is $95.00 plus freight if you can't pick it up, however I really cant see why it wouldn't work in a converted freezer set up as long as the water temp through the font was close to freezing as it is in the ice bank chiller.
On a positive note, if you did buy a bottle and it works as it does in the ice bank then you could probably sell of the other two thirds of the bottle to punters who want the same result.

Mate if I had a flooded font in my kegerator I would give it a go.

Cheers

Thanks Geoff, I'm keen to have a go at this if I can find a few brewers to go thirds in a bottle.

Batz said:
Thanks Geoff, I'm keen to have a go at this if I can find a few brewers to go thirds in a bottle.

Andale at Coorparoo sell glycol for $7 / lt if you bring your own container.

Edit: spelling

Is this product still available and has anyone tried it on a kegerator flooded font?

Cheers

Back