Bitter & Twisted 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great day out.

Once again it was great to meet a few new faces and catch up with some old ones.

Would of loved to have tried more of what was on offer at the MHB stand, but the line was too bloody long.
Biggest lines of the day.
Potter and Murrays were not that far behind.

I was pretty impressed with all the wares from 4 pines, and did enjoy the big helga too.
Bring on next year, but I do feel that a bigger venue with more room to move around in is warranted.

Cheers and Beers
Josh

PS. hey Les, I went looking for you on Saturday arvo to give you my tasting glass, after you lost yours, but I could not find you. Sorry about that. hope you got hold of a new glass somehow.

Back home (finally) at 10.30am Monday - finished up last night about 8.00pm (packing up unsold beers, taking out garbage bins and traffic duty) and just got into the car and drove. Pulled over to the side of the highway an hour out of Sydney for a few hours sleep. Good to catch up (very briefly) with a number of you blokes. I agreed to work in the Beer and Food matching dinners (had to lug cartons of beer up all those stairs then MC the shows) and expected to be able to drink all afternoon but they had a shortage of volunteers with RSA qualifications so had to work in the bottle shop too to cover their bums. Had a good time anyway. The Newie boys showed they are fine brewers as well as sensational piss heads - only got to taste a few of the brews but not a bad one there ! My first taste of Pumpkin Beer too - would have liked a second (third, fourth .. ) to really asses its merits ! From the smiles on dials you know everyone was having a ball. I'll organise coming up to Newcastle for a weekend sometime in the future and suck more piss with a few of you blokes.

Got to meet a lot of the brewers too at the Dinners, Geoff White (Blue Tongue), Shawn Sherlock (Murrays), Nick D'Espessis (4 Pines), Neil Whittorn (Matilda Bay) and Scott Douglas (Fusion Brewing) who were all top blokes, very generous with their time and beers ! All in all a great weekend, well worth the travel. I'm prejudiced towards dark beers but Murrays Dark Knight, a 4.5% strength choc porter was the standout commercial beer but the one at Mark's tent on Sunday (Ben's was it ?) was every bit as good and then some. If I hadn't had to drag myself away, I would have helped finish that brew ! Serves me right for volunteering at a beer festival !

Can't remember the names of everyone I ran into (all too briefly) but didn't meet anyone I didn't like and it all added to my enjoyment of the event and the weekend. I'll be back next year (with a slightly reduced volunteer load I reckon !)

ps - brought back some bottles of Murray's Whale Ale & Nirvana Pale Ale, Mad Abbot's Dubbel & Tripel and Fusion's Bluebottle, so will ahve a private tasting session tonight with a steak to accompany me !

Back home (finally) at 10.30am Monday - finished up last night about 8.00pm (packing up unsold beers, taking out garbage bins and traffic duty) and just got into the car and drove. Pulled over to the side of the highway an hour out of Sydney for a few hours sleep. Good to catch up (very briefly) with a number of you blokes. I agreed to work in the Beer and Food matching dinners (had to lug cartons of beer up all those stairs then MC the shows) and expected to be able to drink all afternoon but they had a shortage of volunteers with RSA qualifications so had to work in the bottle shop too to cover their bums. Had a good time anyway. The Newie boys showed they are fine brewers as well as sensational piss heads - only got to taste a few of the brews but not a bad one there ! My first taste of Pumpkin Beer too - would have liked a second (third, fourth .. ) to really asses its merits ! From the smiles on dials you know everyone was having a ball. I'll organise coming up to Newcastle for a weekend sometime in the future and suck more piss with a few of you blokes.

Got to meet a lot of the brewers too at the Dinners, Geoff White (Blue Tongue), Shawn Sherlock (Murrays), Nick D'Espessis (4 Pines), Neil Whittorn (Matilda Bay) and Scott Douglas (Fusion Brewing) who were all top blokes, very generous with their time and beers ! All in all a great weekend, well worth the travel. I'm prejudiced towards dark beers but Murrays Dark Knight, a 4.5% strength choc porter was the standout commercial beer but the one at Mark's tent on Sunday (Ben's was it ?) was every bit as good and then some. If I hadn't had to drag myself away, I would have helped finish that brew ! Serves me right for volunteering at a beer festival !

Can't remember the names of everyone I ran into (all too briefly) but didn't meet anyone I didn't like and it all added to my enjoyment of the event and the weekend. I'll be back next year (with a slightly reduced volunteer load I reckon !)

ps - brought back some bottles of Murray's Whale Ale & Nirvana Pale Ale, Mad Abbot's Dubbel & Tripel and Fusion's Bluebottle, so will ahve a private tasting session tonight with a steak to accompany me !

If You are the Guy who MC'd the Saturday Food and Beer Tasting. Many thanks from all the people at Table 7. We all had a great time and a lot of good laughs.
Congrats to the organisers of the weekend it was a great show.
Dogs01

That would be he.......

You poor *******, you looked knackered by the time I saw you at the pub that night.....

Oh, and the wife was MOST amused by your method of restraining that yobbo near the front gates.

yeeeeeewww!!!! i cant b bothered reading the last couple page..... but i met a bunchf of peopls from ahb at b and t and it was fcuckin sick'! woooo!!!
yeh, me too sammus. had great day ended up very pissed it was awsome to meet some of you guys and hope to catch up again soon.

'Pollux' date='Nov 9 2009, 08:23 PM' post='550068']
That would be he.......

You poor *******, you looked knackered by the time I saw you at the pub that night.....

When I left you I drove to my camp site at the back of the netball courts and was asleep within a few minutes I reckon. We still didn't make that Thai Restaurant, did we !

Oh, and the wife was MOST amused by your method of restraining that yobbo near the front gates.

MC, bar steward, bottle-o operator, traffic controller AND security ! That yobbo was a total f%"wit - most of the security guys were scared to hold him down, which is why I stepped in - I wasn't going to let him up till the cops got there ! I shouldn't have done it (not my job) but have done it a past life ago and he wasn't going anywhere - trust me !

If You are the Guy who MC'd the Saturday Food and Beer Tasting. Many thanks from all the people at Table 7. We all had a great time and a lot of good laughs
Which day you there Dogs, Saturday or Sunday ? (MC'd both). Both lunches went down well and only the loud outside music and the humidity stopped them being great events. All the guests were great and I enjoyed the lunches too !

..had great day ended up very pissed it was awsome to meet some of you guys and hope to catch up again soon.
you, pissed Cloudy ... never have known! :rolleyes: Good to see you in the AHB shirt too. Who was the other bloke in the AHB shirt Saturday .. apologies for forgetting your name.

When I left you I drove to my camp site at the back of the netball courts and was asleep within a few minutes I reckon. We still didn't make that Thai Restaurant, did we !

MC, bar steward, bottle-o operator, traffic controller AND security ! That yobbo was a total f%"wit - most of the security guys were scared to hold him down, which is why I stepped in - I wasn't going to let him up till the cops got there ! I shouldn't have done it (not my job) but have done it a past life ago and he wasn't going anywhere - trust me !

Which day you there Dogs, Saturday or Sunday ? (MC'd both). Both lunches went down well and only the loud outside music and the humidity stopped them being great events. All the guests were great and I enjoyed the lunches too !

you, pissed Cloudy ... never have known! :rolleyes: Good to see you in the AHB shirt too. Who was the other bloke in the AHB shirt Saturday .. apologies for forgetting your name.
yeh, thought wearing the shirt would be a good way to meet some of you guys and i'm glad i did. the other guy is Andre (BJL), also from Rutherford and we brew together quite a bit. anyway had a great day, gotta give it up to all of you guys that were involved and can't wait till next year. Marks tent was a cracker one of the busier tents hey.

Rick.

I went Sunday

TOP day

Ended up a little worse for wear :icon_drunk:

Here's my only pic I took

A pic tells a thousand words (she's obviously not a Coopers fan)

gallery_7556_552_6982.jpg

Hahahhahahaha... I remember her! She had Coopers plastered across her chest as well... she was a candidate for the photo challenge, but due to our recent RSA education, we judged her as 'showing signs of intoxication'.

She did however come up with the quote of the weekend after trying Pete's APA through the Randall...

"Oooooooooo, tastes like Fat Yak!"

I'm still not sure if Pete was impressed or not... :blink:

"she" appears to be wearing one of the "Sol" , i suspect it was a marketing twist on solitary confinement, condoms that someone told me the communists were giving away, the black rubber twist top gives it away really..

Back