Big Brew Day 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duff

Worst Website Ever....
Reaction score
Receipes for this year's Big Brew Day are online

A Saison and Dark Mild. Guess the Saison is OK seeing it's still in the 30's up here :)

Receipes for this year's Big Brew Day are online

A Saison and Dark Mild. Guess the Saison is OK seeing it's still in the 30's up here :)

That Dark Mild could get a look-in down here. Weather's starting to cool. Perfect timing. B)

Warren -

That Dark Mild could get a look-in down here. Weather's starting to cool. Perfect timing. B)

Warren -

That was my thought to Wazza until i twigged its my partners 30th that day and the party is at our place......

On the other hand, i have a captive audience.....

That was my thought to Wazza until i twigged its my partners 30th that day and the party is at our place......

On the other hand, i have a captive audience.....

Put her 30th off for a week or two. Then they (the guests) can share in the joy of your Dark Mild. The designated drivers will thank you. :chug:

Warren -

I might have to pass since I'm getting married that day, though the wedding is in the afternoon...

Cheers, Andrew.

I might have to pass since I'm getting married that day, though the wedding is in the afternoon...

Plenty of time to get a double batch in then!

Am sure it shall go well (the wedding that is!) ;)

Cheers, Andrew.

I was installing a car stereo for a mate on my wedding day, still had plenty of time left after that until I said "I do", so no reason you couldn't whip up a snappy batch in the morning, by the time you come back from your honeymoon it'll be ready to bottle.

Cheers, Andrew.

Ha ha. A short boil maybe?

I used to DJ wedding receptions when I was young and stupid and saw a lot of close calls.

Some of the best were the groom and 2 grooms men turning up on sailboards for a lakeside ceremony and having to fight a headwind for 20 mins with 100 people watching. His mate had the right idea 6 months later and did it on on jet-skis - tophat, tails and all.

Worst one was the water skiing effort in the morning that ended in the local emergency dept. Reception photos showed a black eye, swollen nose and sewn up lip.

All the best anyway Andrew - I know you'll make the right choice. :)

Warren -

Indeed it does Warren. Could make a great starting point for someone wanting to brew a mild, like me B)

Cheers.

Thanks Paddo :D
Not as dumb anymore? :huh:

Cool I'm gunna have to organise something then...

If you search the 'find a beer site' page for 'australia' it only gives one hit. So...I'd hazard a guess at...one. :p

From the website...
In 1988, May 7 was announced before Congress as National Homebrew Day.

Now I know its American etc etc, but guess what day my birthday is? B)

Might have to see if I can organise something...

If you search the 'find a beer site' page for 'australia' it only gives one hit. So...I'd hazard a guess at...one. :p

Sammus ; You can drive that site better than me ... I can only find the by state and can't see any in Oz , kennya and UK but not any in Oz ... The search thing takes me too gooooooogle...

Cheers

Mild or saison, dither, dither. :unsure:

Sammus ; You can drive that site better than me ... I can only find the by state and can't see any in Oz , kennya and UK but not any in Oz ... The search thing takes me too gooooooogle...

Cheers

We're in Ned. Site #147.

Cheers.

Ah so, probably a double batch of the Mild on the 2nd , boil-over here we come :rolleyes: .

Cool another aussie bunch. FNQ: the other one is the IBUs in the 'gong, they have done it for the past few years, they were the only ones on the list before Duff registered.

Latest posts

Back