Best Hbs In Area?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greeno

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just wondering which HBS you go to? I have been to the one in C'town but thats all.

Cheers,

Greeno

I haven't been there since I left Sydney a while ago, but I'm pretty sure there are a fair few AHBer's that frequent ESB @ Peakhurst...

ESB @ Peakhurst is only up the M5, its the one I use all the time. No idea about futher south though.

Cheers
DK

The Campbelltown homebrew shop is truly awful but it is the only one in the Macarthur area.

It is really worth the drive a little further either to ESB at Peakhurst or to Northern Brew at Wonoona.

cheers

grant

The Campbelltown homebrew shop is truly awful but it is the only one in the Macarthur area.

It is really worth the drive a little further either to ESB at Peakhurst or to Northern Brew at Wonoona.

cheers

grant

What about the one at Casula? anyone been there?

What about the one at Casula? anyone been there?
Hey mate, Casula Country is OK, depends what you want.
Are you doing kits, partials or all grain?
There are quite a few of us brewers out this way, check out http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/Macarthur...er_Enthusiasts/

Most of us buy our grains and hops etc through bulk buys which normally works out pretty cheap.
If it's hops your after, let me know. I have many kilos more than I need right now.

Hey mate, Casula Country is OK, depends what you want.
Are you doing kits, partials or all grain?
There are quite a few of us brewers out this way, check out http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/Macarthur...er_Enthusiasts/

Most of us buy our grains and hops etc through bulk buys which normally works out pretty cheap.
If it's hops your after, let me know. I have many kilos more than I need right now.

Hey Mate,

Im only a newbie, just getting into. Setting up my bar at the moment but then i will be doing some kits. A family friend is right into it and he brews AG.. So im hoping to move to that once i have some experience.

cheers,

Greeno

I find casula ok for basic needs.

I only go to Campbelltown in EMERGENCIES!!

anthing else (hops, yeast, spec grains) Craftbrewer it is!

If you are going to start off with kits as most of us have, probably better to get the kits from BigW etc and order your bits and pieces such as better yeasts, hops etc online from the sponsors at the top of the page, where you will obtain fresh, reliable and properly stored stock. To kick yourself off you could do worse than a complete Coopers starter kit. Forget the Brigalow or Tooheys outfits, the tin that comes with them is pretty feral.

I went to the Campbelltown store the other day and didn't think it was that bad. Why do people think it is scary? The bloke who runs Country Brewer at Casula is a top bloke and is always helpful.

The Brew Shop at Peakhurst is awesome. Is that the same as people are quoting ESB? :blink:

I'm only a kit brewer at the moment so these places are pretty good for me.

+1 for what Bribie said. In fact you can order all your gear online. I can think of three HB's (not specifically the sponsors, dunno either way, but check it out anyway) that offer free delivery for orders over $100. That's going to be cheaper than driving to your local, no matter how good or bad they are.

I went to the Campbelltown store the other day and didn't think it was that bad. Why do people think it is scary? The bloke who runs Country Brewer at Casula is a top bloke and is always helpful.

The Brew Shop at Peakhurst is awesome. Is that the same as people are quoting ESB? :blink:

I'm only a kit brewer at the moment so these places are pretty good for me.
The guy at Campbelltown has no idea... I was there one day and a guy walked in, wanting to get into AG and obviously wanting to spend money and get some advice. He said, (insert German accent here) "dont bother, its takes too much time and doesnt taste anybetter" and that was it...

Another time, I was doing a lager, went and bought 2 packets of yeast and promptly told me I shouldnt be pitching both packets of yeast...

another time, I went in asking for amarillo hops. He said "no such hop exist"

and he has a fridge in there, NEVER been offered a beer... :angry: :lol:

+1 for what Bribie said. In fact you can order all your gear online. I can think of three HB's (not specifically the sponsors, dunno either way, but check it out anyway) that offer free delivery for orders over $100. That's going to be cheaper than driving to your local, no matter how good or bad they are.

Free delivery would be a big plus, I did an order a while back and the wrong item was sent, I paid for postage and then had to pay for return postage as well :angry: .I would have been better going to my LHBS.

Batz

(insert German accent here) "dont bother, its takes too much time and doesnt taste anybetter" and that was it...

Chermins know nahsink about beer.

Seriously,this guy sounds like a tosser.

the "I've never heard of amarillo" was the one that got me....

Heard of JSGA mate? :huh:

I went in there on saturday and bought some POR hops, he told me it was very hard to get it but had a little bit left out the back... i also got some US-05... Put my first brew down yesterday.. so fingers crossed.

I took my Font to Casula yesterday to have Craig go over it and replace the lines, he seems like a good bloke, very helpful.

Latest posts

Back