Beers On The Gold Coast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben_sa

Now in 3V
Reaction score
Heya guys,

Im heading to the Gold Coast tuesday for a week and was hoping to find a few decent pubs with some decent beers on tap. Can anyone give me some direction?

Im staying on Chevron Island with the missus and another couple (all aroubnd 25 y.o) so me and my mate have decided that we NEED some tinme to do the blokey things, after the theme parks of course..... My first time there, the other 3 have been 2 or 3 times previously.

Apart from the theme parks and the beaches, whats a few decent attractions? I know i could google, but id rather take some locals knowledge and have a bit of a plan before i actually land in the joint :)

Cheers, Oh and if anyone is keen for a few beers on the Saturday arvo.... or Friday night, let me know some decent places :D

Cheers

Ben

Heya guys,

Im heading to the Gold Coast tuesday for a week and was hoping to find a few decent pubs with some decent beers on tap. Can anyone give me some direction?

Im staying on Chevron Island with the missus and another couple (all aroubnd 25 y.o) so me and my mate have decided that we NEED some tinme to do the blokey things, after the theme parks of course..... My first time there, the other 3 have been 2 or 3 times previously.

Apart from the theme parks and the beaches, whats a few decent attractions? I know i could google, but id rather take some locals knowledge and have a bit of a plan before i actually land in the joint :)

Cheers, Oh and if anyone is keen for a few beers on the Saturday arvo.... or Friday night, let me know some decent places :D

Cheers

Ben

Ben, There is a German restaurant in the heart of Surfers, not in caville ave though. You absolutely must go to Draculas Theatre restaurant, it is the best night out on the Gold Coast, I can't recommend it highly enough.

cheers

Browndog

google Draculas, they have a good website so you can see what you are in for.

I'm not from there so don't really know much but did get shouted a meal at a restaurant called Moo Moo. Fantastic, but pricey

Beer wise you should for sure do a day trip to Mt Brewery if you hadn't already planned to do so. If you go earlier in your trip they'll be able to tell you places that have their beers on tap and/or in bottles. There is also a brewery in Eagle Heights but I don't think they are open to the public.

Best thing about the Gold Coast is the M1 Motorway out of the place.

;)

However if you have a hire car then head up the mountain to Tamborine and have lunch and a pint at the Mt Tamborine brewery, and the Eagle Hts Brewery and take a few six packs back to your digs.

:beerbang:

The Eagle Hts brewery website has a page of piccies of the Brisbane Club (I didn't make it unfortunately) - we get up there regularly and do collaborative brews and take home a cube each. I'm not sure it they do lunches etc, you might need to contact them via their site.

We head up next Thursday, I will look at my "Breweries of Australia" book in the next couple of days

We are staying in Miami as we normally do, but I would also be interested in finding an good drinking places around gold coast

Andy

Unless you have Grey Rinse in the hair a fist full of your pension then I guess you won't find much in the way of Tap House etc down the Goldie. It's all neon lights and pokies... Best of luck but highly recommend getting your ass up to MT Brewery and Eagle Heights brewery for at least the afternoon. MT has a great restuarant and cheese factory attached also the "Crafty Artsy Fartsy" places are within easy wallking distance so the girls can enjoy the place while you work on not being capable of driving home ;) .

Best of Luck

Chappo

Lol Chappo, sounds like a plan!

We're already locked in to Draculas, cant remember what day, from what ive heard its Uh-Mazing!!!

Brewery sounds good Bribie, will definately put that on my 'to do' list

Cheers

They don't call it the Goldie 'Sufferer's Parasite' for nothing. :lol:

Burleigh Brewing Co.

I tried their hefe once. Not bad.

Latest posts

Back