Beerland. T.V show.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha ha ha.

I had similar thoughts, my wife ( a non-beer drinker) even commented on how flat the Kolsch was. I was starting to get worried that "Rebecca" may have won!!!! Will record next weeks episode as it was difficult watching 10 mins worth of ads in a 25 min episode.

Cheers,
Jase

I found the ads a refreshing change from the rest of it.

For all it's downfalls it still beats the shit out of another ******* show full of dickheads squabbling over how to flambe a peach or screed a bathroom.

Was hoping it'd be more like Sam Calagione's 'Brewmasters', but about homebrewers. It's on Tuesday nights and there's nothing else on, so it's good enough. Hopefully gets better next week.

The pizza show that's was on before hand was more interesting.

I saw it on the guide and you know what? Because it was from the states, I thought naaa... maybe later. Does that make me culturally prejudiced and xenophobic ( I'll explain ) or just cautious of more fuckin seppos talkin bullshit.

I saw it on the guide and you know what? Because it was from the states, I thought naaa... maybe later. Does that make me culturally prejudiced and xenophobic ( I'll explain ) or just cautious of more fuckin seppos talkin bullshit.

It tells me that you see logic in gun control.

Just started streaming this... Im a little pissed, so that might help me like it more!

i was amazed at how many queer brewers were in that club with the Kolsch lady, they seemed to be stacking up open topped bottles into eskies ? where they maybe filling them from a keg ?

got nothing against the LGBJTHSSSMHBrewing community, respect i reckon... :)

i was amazed at how many queer brewers were in that club with the Kolsch lady, they seemed to be stacking up open topped bottles into eskies ? where they maybe filling them from a keg ?

got nothing against the LGBJTHSSSMHBrewing community, respect i reckon... :)

Wants to be accepted
Starts an acceptance group
Denies entry to anyone who is different

+1

Wants to be accepted
Starts an acceptance group
Denies entry to anyone who is different

+1

I thought the same thing. My wife looked at me and laughed when "Rebecca" said that bearded guys with beer bellies were NOT welcome!!!!!

Ha ha ha!

Well, that was disappointing,

It was. And my expectations were low. I think Miss Gill knows far more about having long blonde hair, marketing, targeted distribution and biting the hand that feeds than beer. Though in fairness, she may have felt like she needed to show solidarity among a room full of passive aggressive man hating queers (their word) by recounting to the head queer that her experience with homebrewers consisted mainly of men who apparently resemble Santa Claus, despite the fact that her (and her conspicuously absent from that segment, male co host) just complimented two young, relatively hairless normal looking brewers on their strawberry pale.
**** me. Safe spaces brewing? Only in Berkeley California..

Anyway, I was pleased the lads moved on, and professor queer and her zero fucks given, flat, cloudy, poorly made Kolsch (you could tell the hosts were just being polite) will be seen no more. Now she and LGBTQ cohorts can go back to making the world a better place by sequestering themselves to a flat on the east side of San Francisco and practicing gender apartheid.

I'm giving it three stars out of a possible seven.
Would not recommend to a friend.

Yeah I flicked over just in time for the oppressive sexism comments and flicked straight off. No stars for me, didn't like the comments about male brewers from the host, isn't that sexism too if you want to go down that path?

Maybe someone needs to do an Aussie version of the show except make it just a chilled out affair about the art of beer and the people. I'd watch that.

There's a good doco on Netflix called Crafting a Nation which is far better viewing IMHO - although, again, it doesn't go into brewing processes, it's more around the craft brew scene in the US from around 2012 and follows the struggles of a couple brothers trying to setup their own brewery. Has some good interviews with some well known breweries etc., though, worth checking out if you haven't seen it already..

There's a good doco on Netflix called Crafting a Nation which is far better viewing IMHO - although, again, it doesn't go into brewing processes, it's more around the craft brew scene in the US from around 2012 and follows the struggles of a couple brothers trying to setup their own brewery. Has some good interviews with some well known breweries etc., though, worth checking out if you haven't seen it already..

I imagine it must be a disheartening for budding craftbrewers in Australia knowing now matter how hard they bust their arses, and no mater how good the product, ultimately you'll be hamstrung by a system (government) that seems designed to work against you instead of rewarding and incentivising entrepreneurship. It ******* stinks in my opinion.
https://www.brewsnews.com.au/2013/05/13/beer-excise-in-australia-versus-us/

I imagine it must be a disheartening for budding craftbrewers in Australia knowing now matter how hard they bust their arses, and no mater how good the product, ultimately you'll be hamstrung by a system (government) that seems designed to work against you instead of rewarding and incentivising entrepreneurship. It ******* stinks in my opinion.
https://www.brewsnews.com.au/2013/05/13/beer-excise-in-australia-versus-us/
Reckon beers bad look at distilling. We've got some of the best distilleries in the world now and the government makes it so hard for the guys to get anywhere.

I can buy a 21 year old Glenfarclas for the same price as some non age statement (~3 yo) Aussie whisky's. Mostly due to tax, although some Aussie distilleries are into the what i consider a shameful practice of skyrocketing the prices of affordable whisky as soon as they win an award.

Do they film anywhere that isn't pissing down with rain and looks cold enough to freeze my wang off?
This show is really about strange people, who just also happen to home brew.

( Log beer outtakes)

'Sooo Meg, enjoying my 'log beer'?.......Ever heard of a Cleveland Steamer?'

'Dude, what the ****?? Guys, can we just wrap this up and leave'.

5908d50b0546ad122da8cf74-1493751053943.jpg

Back