Beerland. T.V show.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BUMP. was just about to post this. Starts at 9pm tonite on SBS Viceland.

My wife put this on. Beer on tv. Cool! Kinda weird, but I would watch another episode just to see people's setups.

Just watched it myself. Could have been a lot more talk about people's setups and brewing techniques I think.

Bit over two more hours until it goes on here in W.A.
I already know it's going to be a bit of a let down, but it's gotta be better than 800 Words or Midsomer Murders.

it focuses more on meeting different types of people that are homebrewers rather than discuss anything technical or equipment related. worth a watch if you have nothing else on.

Well, that was disappointing, but I'll prob watch next week.
They seemed blown away that those guys in the woods milled their own grain. Need to have some drama I guess!?
Maybe next week there'll be someone that grows their own hops and on the side heads an activist group that champions the rights of brewers with prosthetic limbs which they interchange with a mash paddle.

Oh well. Seems I cant get SBS on free to air anymore either. Oh, just realized it must be the solar panels on the roof over the in roof antenna. Duh!
I never considered that. :eek:

watched the first episode, there were only 2 candidates at the end, i wonder if the hillbillies were supposed to be one of the entrants, also saw em drinking a lot of canned beer at the party out in the sticks?

How flat was that kolsch! The host's were very diplomatic in saying it was flat

Oh well. Seems I cant get SBS on free to air anymore either. Oh, just realized it must be the solar panels on the roof over the in roof antenna. Duh!
I never considered that. :eek:
Assuming you have decent Internet speed and gigs, $55 will set you up with a chromecast to watch what you want when you want. Use phone as your remote.

I have never thought of a kolsch as a difficult beer to brew.
Ha ha ha.

I had similar thoughts, my wife ( a non-beer drinker) even commented on how flat the Kolsch was. I was starting to get worried that "Rebecca" may have won!!!! Will record next weeks episode as it was difficult watching 10 mins worth of ads in a 25 min episode.

Cheers,
Jase

First episode a total dumpster fire. Most of it belongs on tumblr or some millennial's youtube channel, the minute or so about beer was kinda ok.

I may give it another look next week.

All my adult life I've known that if there is something that you, personally, know a bit about (horse riding, restoring Monaros, dog breeding, brewing) you can bet that when the media run a story on it they get it totally ******* wrong.
Goes to show how accurate the rest of their tripe is.

True as far as the media take/funk up, though I saw as the credits rolled until the very end that the hosts' own brewery (Golden whatever's) had a production acknowledgment. Maybe the whole thing is simply some savvy marketing to gain an edge in what she herself acknowledged as a very competitive market. Mmmm, homebrewing T.V for the masses.
In any case, I'm still confused. She makes it known at the start what the show is about, in an outline as far as her meeting people that brew. Then the show turns into a competition half way through. Is this going to be a Brewer Survivor series?

Latest posts

Back