Beerfingers Bog

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loikar

Reaction score
High Kids,

Well after 5 months of non-brewing, I finally got off my arse and thought i would just chuck a quick one in.
But I'm going to start again because I want to refine what I already know. And since SWMBO has a belly full of arms and legs again, I can't afford to be buying a carton of Fat Yak every week anymore.

SO, got me a bog standard Coopers lager kit and a box of BE1.
Going to chuck in about 15g of Cascade (been sitting in the Freezer for 6 months) as I fill the fermenter up to 23L, but thats it.
2x Kit yeast so 14g starter just to give it some balls and i'll cook it at about 20c.

Not going to rack it but leave it in primary for 2 weeks and then cold chill in my old fridge at about 4C for another week.
Then bulk prime on about 150g of Dex, bottle and let it sit for a few weeks.

From there I want to build on it.
Work out what it needs and slowly define a flavor I really like.
From there I'll move to extract again and do the same.
Once I have that down, I'll move to BIAB.

With so many options, I found myself experimenting a lot last time I was brewing, and I made some really nice beers.
But this time I want to focus on developing just a few beers I really like and can make well, consistently.

No spreadsheets, no beersmith, no recipies, but just by working from the ground up.

Brew night tonight, should only take an hour, but I'm looking forward to it!

Cheers,

BF

Sounds like a sound plan. I am working on my standard brew the one that you make to keep the fridge full.. At brew 36 and closing in on that flavour I like.. Will then play a bit too.

Cheers..

ur making me thirsty.....

I just put a Little creatures bright ale clone down. First time ever in my new brew fridge.

Got it at 18C, been 48 hours and wasnt sure if it was fermenting. Took a sample, has dropped 10 points, SO it IS fermenting, tastes damn good too....but a little yeasty at the moment :) funny that!

Well, all done.

1x CL Kit
1x BE1
16g Cascade (boiled for 5 min with BE1, flameout and dissolved tin)
2x Coopers Kit yeast re-hydrated (one came with the lager, the other has been in the fridge for god knows how long) pitched at 27c cos its late and im impatient. :)

23 Liters

SG 1038

BF

Can't wait to taste this one....... :blink:

Latest posts

Back