BEERFEST 2015 comp moves to the Royal George Hotel in Kyneton

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totes.. Results should be online tonight, we've put pretty much wrapped it up now so best of the best to the best of the best..

Big ups to martin for assisting with the running of the comp, couldn't have run so smooth without your help..

Thank to all judges, stewards and the Royal George for hosting.. I
personally look forward to many more events here :)

Westgate won club of show
There was a big storm last night
Results were delayed by this
Results up when Andy gets home

Sorry folks,

We had a blackout in Kyneton last night and I couldn't get the results up (flat laptop).

So... results are online now at CompMaster

Full Results

Summary Results

Scoresheets will be uploaded a little later in the week. Offline scoresheets will follow a little way behind.

Prize winners will be contacted by the committee in the next two weeks to arrange collection of prizes and trophies.

Cheers,

Andy

Hey Andy, something seems to have gone wrong with the "Merri Mashers" choice of club....it's appeared on some, but not on others...mine for example, and I definitely remember choosing it from the drop down (you'd kinda expect the Pres to remember!). One of our guys won a category (Nick in Pale Ale), and another placed (Julian also in Pale Ale). Any chance we could get this fixed up and the results put out again please?

Totally Stoked with the Win.. A HUGE thank you to Melbourne Brewers for their hospitality

I ended up with a clean sweep:

Novice Brewer
Champion Beer
Champion Brewer

Munich Dunkel 3rd Place .. Previous comp got an 8 as it was just put into the keg.. shows time makes a HUGE differene
Eisback 2nd place .. This was a recycled Vienna Lager from Oktoberfest
Baltic Porter 1st Place - Champion beer (Almost didn't enter it cause I didn't think much of it being my first Baltic I have ever brewed... just shows if u brewed it ..enter it and support the clubs.. as every now and then you can produce great beers without knowing it..)

Thanks heaps guys and to the sponsors of a great event

No .. I will be thanking u for your great sponsor prize :) Thanks heaps for supporting the event

Well done Grainer. The best I did was equal sixth place with 108 points, this is the first comp I have entered just wondering what is the highest score you can get I thought it was only 50 and how many judges get to sample each beer ?

Thanks for a great night last night!
The hospitality was fantastic and I personally hope that The Royal George will become the new home of Beerfest. It was brilliant to meet some more of the brewing community and put faces to names of some of the characters on here.
A 1st for my Vienna lager and a slab of Hawthorn amber ale in the raffle was the icing on the cake!

3 judges per table/flight so totals out of 150.. we actually ended up with a fourth on a number of tables (not counted in the final tally though) doing a bit of training.

Was a great venue and great evening . Thanks for the hospitality, Melbourne Brewers !
Well done to all who placed ( stunned that I scored a second in american pales ) and of course to Grainer who swept the floor .
Cheers

Really stoked to get 1st place in pale ales. Thanks heaps for all the effort and organising put in by Melbourne Brewers. It is a great comp.

Thanks for the fixing up the results with the Merri Mashers club name so quickly too. Great work once again by the Melbourne Brewers putting on such a comprehensive comp.

Vanners said:
Really stoked to get 1st place in pale ales. Thanks heaps for all the effort and organising put in by Melbourne Brewers. It is a great comp.
Congratulations.. It was a good pale ale.. I remember it.. I was the judge !! and its hard to remember a pale ale after you have had like 30 of them !!

Back