BEERFEST 2015 comp moves to the Royal George Hotel in Kyneton

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carniebrew said:
Got a few of the Masher's beers into Dave about 11am. Will be our biggest club representation to date.
well done to the mashers, glad you guys are growing an getting stronger looking forward to your comp

mxd said:
well done to the mashers, glad you guys are growing an getting stronger looking forward to your comp
Thanks for that. We're just about to put out the call to our members to fill the various comp organiser positions. If that doesn't happen, there will be no comp! Hopefully our inaugural "Specialty IPA" comp should be going ahead on June 7.

carniebrew said:
Thanks for that. We're just about to put out the call to our members to fill the various comp organiser positions. If that doesn't happen, there will be no comp! Hopefully our inaugural "Specialty IPA" comp should be going ahead on June 7.
I have a Saison AIPA ready and waiting (havn't tried it yet :) )

I don't want to hijack this thread...but we're planning on covering the 6 specialty styles in section 21B of the new (draft) BJCP guidelines. I see they've been delayed, but they're still hoping to finalise them in March (at which point they'll be called the 2015 BJCP Style Guidelines). 21B contains Red, Rye, Black, White, Belgian & Brown. Sounds like you have entry #1 for Belgian!

There is sweet fa on the bjcp app to cover speciality too, think we should have a thread for it listing what we do know thus far, if we bank on them updating in time to brew for the comp we may get shorted out. They are pretty notorious with delayed listings

I just realised June 7 is the Sunday of the Queen's birthday long weekend (republic please!). So we will likely push to June 14.

My first comp, managed to get a couple of entries in. Looking forward to the results and feedback. Can't make it to the event unfortunately, playing cricket

carniebrew said:
I just realised June 7 is the Sunday of the Queen's birthday long weekend (republic please!). So we will likely push to June 14.
whats wrong with that? would have thought a long weekend would be better, youre thinking judging numbers may be down due to people being away?

peekaboo_jones said:
My first comp, managed to get a couple of entries in. Looking forward to the results and feedback. Can't make it to the event unfortunately, playing cricket
you're not coming to Beerfest for Cricket? oooookkkkayyyyyy. Sorry, Just poking shit, gotta do what you gotta do :drinks:

Where did you drop them off? you could have dropped them over to my joint (I collected from Grain and Grape... who promptly sold me a thermometer that reads 102'c in boiling water.. -_- :unsure: <_< )

Yob said:
(I collected from Grain and Grape... who promptly sold me a thermometer that reads 102'c in boiling water.. -_- :unsure: <_< )
the issue is,
as it was Valentines day, your were out drinking etc.. and no roses/chocs were exchanged, you dug yourself into such a deep hole, that 102 C is the temperature water will boil at that depth

until you send the good woman off to 50 shades to make her a bad woman :), you'll be stuck with boil temperature being 102 C

G'day all - yep, have been in the US, but responded to anyone who got in touch via [email protected], and the problems I was aware of have been sorted.

Didn't have time whilst away to keep an eye here, but always ready to respond to an email!

Andy!

Yob said:
whats wrong with that? would have thought a long weekend would be better, youre thinking judging numbers may be down due to people being away?
Yeah, my main worry is judges and stewards...tough enough to find them as it is, without worrying about who's nicking off for the long weekend. And I don't think there's too many issues with pushing it to June 14.

No doubt aware but double check when other comps are scheduled. From memory, westgate stout is july so first of financial year (you'd be last) and brit ales is usually may.
Disregard if you are already aware of all this.

manticle said:
No doubt aware but double check when other comps are scheduled. From memory, westgate stout is july so first of financial year (you'd be last) and brit ales is usually may.
Disregard if you are already aware of all this.
Yes , Stout Extravaganza will be Sunday July 5th
Regards
Ferg

A bit of information for anyone thinking of attending to help or just for a look.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Beerfest is going to be a great weekend!

If you’re planning on dropping your swag at the Royal George in Kyneton for $10 a head, as there’s limited spots, first in to reply with:
·[SIZE=7pt] [/SIZE]your name
·[SIZE=7pt] [/SIZE]night you’re staying, i.e. Fri and/or Sat(?)
will be guaranteed a place in the room upstairs where the judging will also take place. ($10 collected on day is to cover cleaning, disposables etc.)

Weekend Activities:
[SIZE=10pt] ·[/SIZE][SIZE=7pt] [/SIZE]9 holes of golf on Friday afternoon
[SIZE=10pt] ·[/SIZE][SIZE=7pt] [/SIZE]Spit roast on Saturday night (Free for Melbourne Brewers members, $5 for others).
[SIZE=10pt] ·[/SIZE][SIZE=7pt] [/SIZE]Sunday morning BBQ breakfast (free for Melbourne Brewers members, $5 for others).
[SIZE=11pt] · [/SIZE]Great prizes will be raffled all weekend so bring some spare change!

Come and sample the great range of craft beers available on tap and food at the Royal George’s bar. All visitors welcome.

See you there!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you let me know here, I can pass the details along to the people organising this side of it.

Cheers

Geelong Craft Brewerrs are pencilled in to host our inaugural comp on 14 June. This date was selected on advice from VicBrew that the Merri Mashers were hosting their IPA comp on Sun 24th May and Westgate on 5th July- we picked a date in the middle...Carniebrew, I cant check or send pm's from work PC for some reason but will be in touch when I get home to discuss.

Can we move this discussion to a different thread guys? It could easily go into extended discussion.

Albainian said:
Geelong Craft Brewerrs are pencilled in to host our inaugural comp on 14 June. This date was selected on advice from VicBrew that the Merri Mashers were hosting their IPA comp on Sun 24th May and Westgate on 5th July- we picked a date in the middle...Carniebrew, I cant check or send pm's from work PC for some reason but will be in touch when I get home to discuss.
Yes this is correct. Check the Vicbrew events calendar carniebrew. May 24th is the set date for the IPA comp.

Post from above so it doesnt get lost among discussion,

A bit of information for anyone thinking of attending to help or just for a look.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Beerfest is going to be a great weekend!

If you’re planning on dropping your swag at the Royal George in Kyneton for $10 a head, as there’s limited spots, first in to reply with:
·[SIZE=7pt] [/SIZE]your name
·[SIZE=7pt] [/SIZE]night you’re staying, i.e. Fri and/or Sat(?)
will be guaranteed a place in the room upstairs where the judging will also take place. ($10 collected on day is to cover cleaning, disposables etc.)

Weekend Activities:
[SIZE=10pt] ·[/SIZE][SIZE=7pt] [/SIZE]9 holes of golf on Friday afternoon
[SIZE=10pt] ·[/SIZE][SIZE=7pt] [/SIZE]Spit roast on Saturday night (Free for Melbourne Brewers members, $5 for others).
[SIZE=10pt] ·[/SIZE][SIZE=7pt] [/SIZE]Sunday morning BBQ breakfast (free for Melbourne Brewers members, $5 for others).
[SIZE=11pt] · [/SIZE]Great prizes will be raffled all weekend so bring some spare change!

Come and sample the great range of craft beers available on tap and food at the Royal George’s bar. All visitors welcome.

See you there!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you let me know here, I can pass the details along to the people organising this side of it.

Cheers

Back