BEERFEST 2015 comp moves to the Royal George Hotel in Kyneton

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will likely get sorted out in the registration. I know the organisers (not me this year - my contribution is limited to judging only) are aware of the double up.

Yob, yep I could do Friday or Sunday if needed for stewarding - not qualified to judge however - what are the details?

Not much within walking staggering distance I'd imagine - there's the Kyneton Caravan Park, bit of a hike when full of the good stuff, but easily possible

If one were to come for a day drip which would be the best day going on previous years.
I will be entering to see how I match up to everyone.
I'm not holding my breath but as they say "you've gotta be in in to win in"

Also what goes on when the judging is happening and what kind of turn out would you expect.
thanks
b

saturday is the day (from previous years)

When judging is happening you can do the following

1) Judge
2) Steward
3) see where the returned stuff from judges go and let the stewards know you want any beer above 20 (to start the day off), then 30 and then 40

There will be guys drinking in the bar, carpark, side of the road etc..

reading the competition guidelines, it states :

2. One bottle per entry (750ml preferred) with a minimum of 500 ml beer.

so I can't enter 2 X330ml bottles of my imperial stout?

someone say it ain't so........

You could try emailing comp organisers to see if they'll make an exception but 330 mL bottles have been squeezed out as they tend to be a bit annoying. Been a big push to get rid of them for a while.

symphony1975 said:
reading the competition guidelines, it states :

2. One bottle per entry (750ml preferred) with a minimum of 500 ml beer.

so I can't enter 2 X330ml bottles of my imperial stout?

someone say it ain't so........
No.. It's a nightmare to steward. Rules is rules

Can you imagine trying to organise a comp where 2 bottles = 1 entry? Those bottles once collected don't necessarily stay together and to find a single bottle among hundreds is a bleedin nightmare

Yob said:
Less than 500ml entries will not be presented to judges..

Stewards however, will greatly appreciate your efforts ;)
Or will they......

Hi, just curious as to what category I would enter an amber ale in.

I have an American brown ale and an amber ale which I'm wanting to enter.

DONT MAKE ME CHOOSE!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_drool2:
thanks
B

(I realise this is not a site comp but surely someone here is a member of Melbourne brewers)

whoa I went a bit heavy on the bold text.
I wasn't yelling.... maybe the choosing part

hi all, first time using Compmaster, how am i to go about dropping my beers off at a collection point?
say for instance i drop the beers off that have been entered and paid for via compmaster at the brewers den in boronia, what documentation etc do i need to attach to the bottles?
thanks

Latest posts

Back