Beerfest 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck to all who have/are entering.

Still judging spots available for those look for an excuse for a weekend away.

all good? not abandoning the fest because it might all burn down around your ears??

Hope you all survive and have a great weekend

We are getting quite a few inquiries as to whether Beerfest can still proceed as planned up at Mirboo North.

We have been in regular contact with Grand Ridge Brewery over the last couple of weeks, and there advice to date is that we should still go ahead as planned.

It appears that Mirboo North town itself has not been impacted directly at this stage.

We will keep an eye on conditions leading up to Friday, and the weather this week still looks to be favorable for the fire fighting efforts (forecast for possible showers on the Fri and Sat), so do not expect there to be any further problems for Beerfest.

On a brighter note we collated entries today and looks like it will be a good run again this year. Really looking forward to getting stuck into the judging this weekend coming.

Latest judging roster is up at Beerfest Linky
Still spots open for judging (we're allowing up to 4 per flight for any newcomers wanting experience).

mmmm, tasty beer judging :icon_drool2:
Should be a great weekend

Come on people ... its Stout and Porters that needs one more brave soul to step up to the plate.

I did this category 2 years back (my first judging session), and it was great.

We even have Russian Imperial Stout thrown in to completely finish you off.

I would be doing this one in an instance if I hadn't already entered in this category.

I would be doing this one in an instance if I hadn't already entered in this category.

Bugger, Guess I can still hope for a second/third then... (yeah, dreaming, I know)

Bugger, Guess I can still hope for a second/third then... (yeah, dreaming, I know)

Maple, your chances are only increased by me entering in this category. After 2 beerfests, I am still yet to place, much to the amusement of fellow club members.

I saw you have entered a Rogenbier as well, and if its anywhere near as good as the previous caseswap Rye beer then I am sure it will do very well.

From memory there were about 5 Russian Imperial Stouts - and one of those was from Chris himself. Given the standard of RIS I've tasted at recent comps this would be a very tasty category I expect.

Shame I can't be in two places at one time; I'll be working through the (always) extensive range of Pale Ales. Oh yeah, and I entered a stout now that I think of it!

1 more sleep.

Very excited about this :p . Who else will be camping at the scout hall?

Well I'm not so excited about sleeping in the scout hall after doing it for the last two beerfests :p

But I am excited about the two nights of great beer and even better company.

There is a bunch of Melbourne Brewers who are also AHBers will be there

superhero42

Bitter & Twisted

to name a few (to be honest I can't remember all the AHB names)

also expecting a few of the worthog guys, some bayside brewers, and generally a bunch of really great brewers

Sat night is going to go off :beerbang: :party: :super:

Edit: opps, and of course can't forget the westgate brewers.

All the best to those heading down. And all the best to those entering. Would love to be a fly on the wall (the one that dives in and drinks a bit of the brew then flies off!), but the missus has other plans.

Shame no one is up for stout and porter judging. Must be this darn hot weather perhaps?

Hopper.

knocked off work early. Car is packed. Mate is waiting to be picked up.

As soon as swmbo gets home, I'm off :D

Beerfest is officially done and dusted.

Results will be published shortly, but as a teaser let me just say there will be some very happy AHB Vic case swappers when they come out ( I counted 3 from memory, but don't hold me to it).

Lots of beer, lots of fun and lots of sore heads today.

Thanks again to wakkatoo and his mate for coming down and judging, and all others who attended and or enter the comp.

Alright .. time to put you all out of your misery.

Results attached ... will go up on the website in the next day or so.

All I can say is we must be doing something right with the Vic case swaps

1st Pale Ale - Mortz
3rd Pale Ale - Haysie
2nd Dark Ale and Lager - Maple

Bloody great job guys.

Congratulations to all who placed.

Thanks heaps to those that came up to help.

And thanks to all those who entered.

I will endeavor to get judging sheets/trophies out in the next 3 weeks or so.

View attachment Beerfest_Results_2009_V2.pdf

I'd just like to post a public apology to Ross at Craftbrewer for not publicising his sponsorship of BEERFEST 2009.

Ross generously, as always, offered a prize to all eight categories.

Craftbrewer should thanked and applauded for their support of homebrew clubs and their competitions.

Sheepishly Cheers
Fish

Back