Beerfest 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris.taylor.98

Reaction score
Beerfest 2009

$1500 in prizes ... 2 great nights

The Melbourne Brewers is once again running Beerfest at Grand Ridge Brewery, Mirboo North, Victoria from Friday 20th to Saturday 21st February 2009. Entries close 12pm Saturday 7th February 2009.

The are 8 Categories, covering most Beer Styles (expanded range this year). Full details of the comp can be found at www.beerefest.org.au, including, sponsors, Entry Details/Form.

There are some great prizes on offer - including:
- $500 for Champion beer of show;
- Champion Brewer - will have the opportunity to brew a batch of beer at a commercial brewery and the beer will be served on tap at the Transport Bar, Federation Square, Melbourne as per the last two years.

Judges & Stewards

A call out for judges will go out in the next week or so.

It really is a great weekend away.

Starts off with a round of golf on Friday afternoon (see how many rounds of drinks you can aquire within 9 holes!) and ends with the presentation and a spit roast on Sat night.

For those on a budget, camping is allowed in front of the scout hall (only 100m from the brewery) or you can try your luck in the sleeping in the scout hall for a minimal fee.

Grand ridge also have a range of more luxurious accommodation options.

Chris Taylor
Club Secretary
The Melbourne Brewers

View attachment Beerfest_2009_EntryForm.pdf

sweeeet! cant wait. always a massive weekend.

Awesome :icon_cheers:

Would love to have a crack at judgeing
and maybe enter a few beers (if thats allowed)

Cool, been waiting for the details so I can organise some holidays. After Vicbrew I'm keen to enter a more refinded beer and maybe even a few more.

Probably not so much into judging just yet but im definately keen to help out as a steward if required.

Should I message privately with my details?

Keep an eye out for the call for Judges and Stewards, which is coming out shortly, otherwise go direct to the beerfest website:

http://www.beerfest.org.au/

which I think already has a way to register for "active duty"

Might try to get to this. Would be interested in helping with the stewarding. Won't enter any beer as I won't have any ready in time :(

At the moment I would look at arriving there late fri or very early sat (coming from Ballarat). Probably just roll the swag out. I'll see how it goes but there might be a couple of spare seats if anyone is happy to chip in for fuel and car-pool.

this mayb sound silly but as iv never entered a comp before i have no idea
do we get scored on our brews with deedback or is it just the people who win

cheers

Accommodation is easy.
We are given the scout hall and a patch of grass behind the brewery every year.
So a swag or tent will be perfect or just a sleeping bag.
Make sure you bring ear plugs if you set up in the scout hall ;)

Of course there's a motel somewhere in town if your so inclined.

this mayb sound silly but as iv never entered a comp before i have no idea
do we get scored on our brews with deedback or is it just the people who win

cheers

Hi pmolou

All entrants will receive a set of score sheets detailing the judges findings for each beer entered (takes up to 6 weeks after the competition).

A scoresheet will also be published listing all entries, their scores, and their place in the category they have entered (takes about a week after the competition) and will be posted in various places, including this thread here.

Is accommodation only open for judges, or also entrants? As in can I enter and bring a tent?

Is accommodation only open for judges, or also entrants? As in can I enter and bring a tent?

Accommodation is open to all comers (on a first come first served basis). Plenty of room to pitch a tent or just find a space in the scout hall (think there is a small fee for the scout hall).

You don't even have to be enter the comp if you don't want to, just come along and enjoy the party.

Of course once you get there we will do our best to get you involved ;)

How do the entries work - un-labelled bottles with the entry from attached?

Cheers,

Brendo

Hi Brendo,

Best way is to wrap the completed entry form around the bottle, with a rubber band or two over it to keep it on.

Doesn't matter about other labels/markings on bottles, as the judges never get to see them.

Less then a week to go before entries are due in.

Hi Brendo,

Best way is to wrap the completed entry form around the bottle, with a rubber band or two over it to keep it on.

Doesn't matter about other labels/markings on bottles, as the judges never get to see them.

Less then a week to go before entries are due in.

Thanks Chris... one less job to worry about, means I can concentrate of drinking... I mean evaluating possible entries :icon_cheers:

Brendo

I've entered, first time entering a comp, so it'll be interesting to get the feedback

Latest posts

Back