Beer Serving Temp's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fridge set at 7 deg, I usually have a dark beer and a pale beer on tap so I drink the pales straight away once poured and usually let the stouts/porters/olds sit for a bit in the glass. I find it to be a happy medium. Anything (IMO of course) served at 1-2 degrees is pretty much a waste, something you just gotta put up with in most pubs though these days, which is why I don't go to them much anymore.

When I first got the kegerator I set it to 10 - 12 degrees as I posted originally, but after owning it for a few weeks I must eventually have turned into a lapsed Pom because I've lowered it to 6 degrees and find it gives me the best of both worlds with bitters, lagers and Aus. Sparklings. For TTL type beers I also find that they tend to be a bit over fizzy if I have a lager on one of the other lines (have 3 way splitter and everything is at the same presssure) so I pour a pub beer jug and then dispense out of that. Perfect.

Lapsed Pom off to have a shower now :ph34r:

My keg fridge is set to about 2 degrees. By the time the beer gets from there, out through the font and into my glass I'd say it's around 4 or 5 degrees. For the stouts I have in the bottle I drink them warmer.

Back