Beer Line Wont Connect To Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fergi

Reaction score
i have just put new rubber orings on my kegs, problem is i cant get the beer QD to go back on any of the kegs, even the ones that i didnt put new o rings on.

the original reason i put new o rings on was that one of the o rings was cut.

infact all my gas escaped overnight.

the QD looks to be okay, it pushes in ready to connect but wont grip, it looks fine inside too but wont hold.any suggestions.
fergi

i have just put new rubber orings on my kegs, problem is i cant get the beer QD to go back on any of the kegs, even the ones that i didnt put new o rings on.

the QD looks to be okay, it pushes in ready to connect but wont grip, it looks fine inside too but wont hold.any suggestions.
fergi

have you tried a bit of keg lube?

You're pulling the collar back on the QD right?

P'raps gas and beer got swapped over during the service?

'o' ring lube is the answer, as jacktar mentioned, unless you've put your in/out fittings on back to front.

'o' ring lube is the answer, as jacktar mentioned, unless you've put your in/out fittings on back to front.

On a related subject - How thoroughly do people lube their kegs? The o-ring comes off the lid every time for me but do you take the o-rings off the posts and get the lube right in there or just rub some lube over the o rings without taking them off the post? I find it really hard the get the o-rings off the posts. And no jokes about rubbing lube on o-rings!

On a related subject - How thoroughly do people lube their kegs? The o-ring comes off the lid every time for me but do you take the o-rings off the posts and get the lube right in there or just rub some lube over the o rings without taking them off the post? I find it really hard the get the o-rings off the posts. And no jokes about rubbing lube on o-rings!

I use a little flat screwdriver from the electronics screwdriver kits - so easy.

I haven't been lubing as much these days and haven't had any dramas (getting lazy...)

fergi

I would try taking the o-ring off the keg post and seeing if it will lock on. That will tell you if the o-ring is too big or if it's some other issue.

thanks for the replies guys, o ring is normal size, the disconnect is in the proper side, only thing i havent tried is the lube because i dont use it and havent got any.
anything i can use that wont effect the beer that i might have lying around.
cheers fergi

thanks for the replies guys, o ring is normal size, the disconnect is in the proper side, only thing i havent tried is the lube because i dont use it and havent got any.
anything i can use that wont effect the beer that i might have lying around.
cheers fergi

Just use a bit a dishwash detergent. Then order some keg lube or buy some KY jelly.

Check that there's nothing jamming the locking roller balls. That'll stop it going on every time.

I spray it with sterilizer ..and they go on easy then.

ok after a lot of frustration i finally worked out why the disconnects wouldnt go back on.

i noticed that the coils inside my beer fridge were really frosted up so i stuck a temperature gauge into the fridge,
guess what, minus 5 degrees.

i tried pressing the valve in on the keg post and found that they were frozen solid so the disconnect pin couldnt force its way in.
let the fridge warm up a bit and poured some warm water over the top of the keg and the problem was fixed.
so it seems that the thermostat on the fridge must have jammed on, fridge was constantly running.

anyway i had a spare thermostat and problem is fixed, thanks for all the replies.
fergi

Latest posts

Back