Beer Labels And Logos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Argon, I prefer the circular ones personally. They look top shelf!

Argon, I prefer the circular ones personally. They look top shelf!

+1 circular ones are much better. Very professional looking logos. I would drink the beer based on the logos alone.. ;)

Great looking labels argon, +1 for the circular labels, they are making me thirsty just looking at them!

cheers,

Crundle

+1 circular ones are much better. Very professional looking logos. I would drink the beer based on the logos alone.. ;)

That's the idea... give some false hope before serving up some isohopped, low-carb, mega-lager :ph34r:

Thanks for the feedback... starting to take shape now. Backgrounds on the Autumn and Winter need a bit of work. (BTW the logos are transparent, which is why they're showing as grey.)

Still a little tweaking to do, might be problematic trying to fit the text in for a 'Central-Bavarian-Dunkler-Heffe-Weizenbock'(took me about 10mins to type that) <_<

Can't remember if I've posted my labels up in this thread, but I was playing with them this evening so I figured I would post them up anyway. When I first started out, I came up with this logo which has been my avatar up until now:
logo.png

Once I went all-grain I decided the beer wasn't too dodgy any more and thought it was time for a change of name for the brewery. Hence the 'Wild Elephant Brewery' was born, and new logo created. I eventually got a chest freezer with keg setup and decided that some big labels were needed for the taps so I started getting labels printed up as 6x4 photos and they go under the taps in a magnetic photo sleeve. Here's some of the labels.
36_smashing_pale_ale_small.png39_vienna_lager_small.png41_bradford_brown_porter_small.png
med_gallery_4286_408_300175.jpg

They are all created with Inkscape and the elephant was traced over from a photo I found.

I finally got enough inspiration (from the more well polished labels) to get off my @rse, play around with Inkscape and come up with (IMHO) a half decent label.

Billy_the_Kid.png

PS. I've got the grain cracked for this beer and am hoping to brew it tomorrow.

Can't remember if I've posted my labels up in this thread, but I was playing with them this evening so I figured I would post them up anyway. When I first started out, I came up with this logo which has been my avatar up until now:
View attachment 34786

Once I went all-grain I decided the beer wasn't too dodgy any more and thought it was time for a change of name for the brewery. Hence the 'Wild Elephant Brewery' was born, and new logo created. I eventually got a chest freezer with keg setup and decided that some big labels were needed for the taps so I started getting labels printed up as 6x4 photos and they go under the taps in a magnetic photo sleeve. Here's some of the labels.
View attachment 34787View attachment 34788View attachment 34789
med_gallery_4286_408_300175.jpg

They are all created with Inkscape and the elephant was traced over from a photo I found.

Love them !

Batz

Been playing about in Photoshop seeing as I have made the move to the darkside I though I should have something to label with :D

BLUESTAR_01.png

Stock standard and just a couple of beer types below

BLUESTAR_DHW_01.png

BLUESTAR_PA_01.png

few labels i've knocked up so that everyone knows how much they are drinking and so i don't pull the wrong thing out of the fridge.

note the ginger beer has a boys version and ladies version.

Sweet and spicy ginger beer

Powerful Owl which was powerful ale after a few too many and the name stuck a belgian style leffe copy

so i stuck with the mispronunciation on the hogaarden clone

IMG_0786.jpeg

Had a go at making a label using cs3 illustrator, found a great little "how to" page that was pretty easy to follow and considering I've never used the program before I'm happy with the results. Here's the link on "how to create a beer label" .

And here's the label.

Beer_LabelFINAL2.jpg

Andrew

hadn't seen this forum before.
well here's my label a mate doing arts knocked out for me

muzzenbrau___smaller.JPG

Good stuff Andrew,

Just noticed your new logo in one of your posts.... :beerbang:

Are you in different beer drinking poses on the each of the different beer labels?

PB

Good stuff Andrew,

Just noticed your new logo in one of your posts.... :beerbang:

Are you in different beer drinking poses on the each of the different beer labels?

PB

I'm still fluffing around with labels atm PB, not even sure my ugly mug should be on them either :p .

Andrew

Ok folks... im keen to trial then buy some software

which one here is best for making labels with minimal other crap i wont use?

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/

Go Illustrator CS4 all the way. Add Photoshop if you're gonna touch up photos, colour corrections etc. But for pure graphics, cartoons, labels... can't go past illustrator.

It's vector based which gives you a better image than the bitmap nature of photoshop (when adding text and the like)

Photoshop is easier to learn though. My labels are 90% Illustrator 10% Photoshop

I'm and Architect and I have Master Collection. I do alot of graphical work and I don't use all that much of CS4. Use mostly;
- Indesign (presentations/reports. Good substitute to MS word when adding images)
- Photoshop (touching up CAD 3D images and photos)
- Illustrator (touching up sketches and adding colour etc)
- Premiere Pro (flythroughs/client presos, adding music)
- Acrobat Pro (binding pdfs/3D pdfs/Red Markups etc)
- Soundbooth (only very occasionaly)
Design Premium is probably all that I realy need.

really basic stuff can be done in power point i just spilt the page into 6 tiles but you'll need some more powerful stuff if you want to generate your own images.

Latest posts

Back