Beer Labels And Logos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes! That was it. It was possibly you that mentioned it last time. Pity apt-get tells me it's 20MB to download the required packages, and I'm being shaped to 64Kbps :( Should only be a week though and I'll be back to full speed.

After a few beers and a bit of cursing I managed to get Illustrator to turn this out for me. I also found some Scotch self laminating sheets that are about 7x10cm combined with a velcro spot they are just right as tap labels too.

Beer_Label.jpg

I dont use labels on any of my bottles.. Ive found the quickest & easiest way to remove them is to give a good rinse in hot water( or boiling if u wish), straight after drinking. 9 out of 10 times they'll come straight off..

If not I use one of those dishwashing scourer type brushes that u fill inside with detergent(coles or woolworths). About 5 seconds per bottle & its done.. Just be sure to try & keep on the outside of the bottle, I normally stick my thumb inside the bottle to avoid detergent getting in, & rinse thoroughly with water to remove any traces of detergent..

Sounds like a PITA but only takes a sec. & beats the shit out of soaking

Give it a go!!

Vector based (such as illustrator) make the design so much easier, then I import to photoshop for some little touch ups and the like.

+1 for Inkscape and GIMP.

Be careful with Inkscape's dimensions. Somehow the SVGs it outputs aren't stable and can scale all on their own. It also makes and error of about 24% enlargement when outputting to PDF. It also tends to interact somewhat unpredictably from printer driver to printer driver. If I set up a job for the inkjet, it needs to be checked before running it to the colour laser.

I love Linux but I miss working with Illustrator and Photoshop - they're so very predictable (mostly... except on urgent jobs when there was no chance to check the film or plates... grrr...).

Cheers - Fermented.

Here is a design I've settled on for my Belgian double ale(dubbel) that I'm planning on giving out to family this xmas.

double_ale.jpg

Those self-adhesive printable labels that come on A4 sheets (Avery, etc) are a real pain in the coit to remove. They are easy to print on and apply, but even after a 2-day soak in napisan solution you still need to scrape/scrub some residual goo off each bottle. I was going to use them on my case-swap beer, but I think I'll go for plain paper and some water-based adhesive like weak PVA solution, milk, glue-stik, etc. Cheers.

Those self-adhesive printable labels that come on A4 sheets (Avery, etc) are a real pain in the coit to remove. They are easy to print on and apply, but even after a 2-day soak in napisan solution you still need to scrape/scrub some residual goo off each bottle. I was going to use them on my case-swap beer, but I think I'll go for plain paper and some water-based adhesive like weak PVA solution, milk, glue-stik, etc. Cheers.

What bottles are you using? I find on my PET bottles they can be a PITA (but I only use two per batch) but on the glass they come off with almost no effort.
Usually while the bottle is on the bench half full still the condensation is enough to remove it.

Just my 2c!

If it's on glass, you can use eucalyptus oil (a little on a cloth) to remove the adhesive scum by rubbing or set a wet sponge on it for five minutes and then it will wipe off pretty easily.

Cheers - Fermented.

Well I'm going to get into etching beer glasses soon (hopefully)
So here's a little something I put together for Pumpy's own glasses and my own

Franko

pumpyglass3.jpg

redrocketglassv2_.jpg

Well I'm going to get into etching beer glasses soon (hopefully)
So here's a little something I put together for Pumpy's own glasses and my own

Franko
hey franko i saw a similar label when over in the states. it was at big river for their red rocket ale. i know i enjoyed a fair few while over there
Picture1.jpg

Scored a bunch of these recently except they are all tooheys branded.

Was hoping to whip up a logo for each beer and stick them to the decals. Long term plan is to make permanent logos for the few house beers.

I noticed that most of you use adobe illustrator to whip up your logos. Any others progs you would recommend? I tried word art and that just frustrated the hell out of me. Paint shop doesnt seem to do much.

i would also like to be able to whip up a brewery logo to stick to my bottles for case swaps etc.

Any other sources of inspiration? Sites with beer related artwork?

Smurto

Brands of the World is a good place to source Vector/EPS formats. Just key in a beer brand you'd like to use as a template and it will provide the artwork.

Being EPS they can be manipulated in Photoshop, Illustrator or CorelDraw. :icon_cheers:

With apologies to Foster's you could wind up with something like this. :D

Warren -

Foster_s.jpg

I like it... but pray tell, what is Nigerian Ale? :) Does it offer you twenty-one million US dollars suspended in a bank account belonging to a deceased engineer? :D

Cheers - Fermented.

Hmmm, I went to edit the text and it deleted the post. So as I mentioned, I made my first beer label yesterday.....

As to what Nigerian Ale is, I don't really know what the brew would be considered as. But with the addition of caramalt and crystal grain, it was a whole lot darker than I expected. If you can find it in yourselves to transfer $50k to me via Paypal, I can finally get my camera out of the safe deposit box in Geneva in order to take a photograph of the beverage. You can trust me, I make beer for Nigeria.

BEER_BURST_JPG.jpg

Back