Beer Labels And Logos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JD,

Don't know why you're chasing Franko for a label...I reckon yours is really cool....

Franko,

You changed the colour but didnt give him the extra legs?? ;) B)

JD,

Don't know why you're chasing Franko for a label...I reckon yours is really cool....

Franko,

You changed the colour but didnt give him the extra legs?? ;) B)

Yes it's a good label,"Dragons" needs to be bigger,darker and bolder
And the Ale thingy at the bottom

Batz

Ok Sqyre
due to popular demand on loosing the green heres what she looks like in orange.

Franko

Youzzzz thezzzz Beeezzzz Kneezzz Frankozzz !!!!

You sure its not a Bladdy Pommy Wasp .

Pumpy :)

Sqyre,
heres the original Bee and in Blue
Franko

labelartblue.jpg

Sqyre,
heres the original Bee and in Blue
Franko

Now i like that....

But the orange has nice detail...

But the orange looks like a wasp...

But the yellow only has 2 arms...

OH GOD!!! I like them both!!!

I cant decide!!!

Yellow? Orange? Bee?? Wasp?? Legs? ARms...... . . . . :eek:

can i phone a friend??? :unsure:

I have to say that I prefer the blue one.

Hey Franko, what image size do you generally work with on the original files?

I have to say that I prefer the blue one.

Hey Franko, what image size do you generally work with on the original files?

Top logo Franko!
Bonj - im sure Franko would be using Illustrator or Freehand (vector graphics) instead of photoshop. He prolly just does it up on A4, saves it as an .eps so it can be made to any image size required. Image size is more related to Photoshop.
Cheers
Steve

Top logo Franko!
Bonj - im sure Franko would be using Illustrator or Freehand (vector graphics) instead of photoshop. He prolly just does it up on A4, saves it as an .eps so it can be made to any image size required. Image size is more related to Photoshop.
Cheers
Steve

I did read in an earlier post that he uses photoshop, hence the size query. Franko, please correct me if I'm wrong.

-Bonj

Actually, what I'd like to know is if Franko draws those little critters from scratch or if he gets them from some kind of stock resource like "10,001 gif images for amateur graphic designers" or something. Very impressive if you do them yourself Franko. As someone else pointed out, taxonomically the wasp/bee dudes look like they belong in a class other than Insecta. At least the legs are coming out of the thorax.

Actually, what I'd like to know is if Franko draws those little critters from scratch or if he gets them from some kind of stock resource like "10,001 gif images for amateur graphic designers" or something. Very impressive if you do them yourself Franko. As someone else pointed out, taxonomically the wasp/bee dudes look like they belong in a class other than Insecta. At least the legs are coming out of the thorax.

they'd "bee" (sorry) from scratch, pencil then paint brush, then scanned in....can you image a stock library having Batz's bat and Pumpys pumpkin :lol: , and as for the bee - thats definately a one off.
Cheers
Steve

Top logo Franko!
Cheers
Steve

I mainly use Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
It all depends on the artwork picture I am using but all text is done with Illustrator.

logos /labels are generally made anywhere between 12cm x 12 cm to 20cm x 20 cm at 150 dpi minimum,but If the graphics are good I'll shoot straight for 300dpi.
If graphics are available in eps or ai files then the skys the limit

hope this answers some questions

Franko

they'd "bee" (sorry) from scratch, pencil then paint brush, then scanned in....can you image a stock library having Batz's bat and Pumpys pumpkin :lol: , and as for the bee - thats definately a one off.
Cheers
Steve

wrong there steve,

mainly they are all stock images most of them you need to pay for and then I manipulate the crap out of them.
adding little touches here and there and adding quite a few mash paddles on the way.

There is a lot of decent artwork out there the problem is finding something that is of decent size and quality but now I prefer to use eps files as you can make them any size without losing quality.

Franko

After carefull consideration and deleberation.....

i believe i like the blue with the first bee.. ( the one with the red eyes..)

Looks awesome Franko..

Thanks mate much appreciated...

I could never come up with a character like that..

Such a professional job..

May have to have a permently reserved stool at BEE & THISTLE BREWERY BAR.

Cheers again

Sqyre. :beerbang:

mainly they are all stock images most of them you need to pay for and then I manipulate the crap out of them.

So Franko do i owe you anything????...(might have to get the missus to use her "Nature's Credit card" again.)

Funny....we never seem to recieve a statement... :huh: oh well. :p

Sqyre

I offered to pay him to do one for me, but never heard back :)

oh well

Rook

Franko,
Top job, I can't believe how well they all turn out. Actually after looking at so many of them I can :D
Sqyre i would just use all of them and use the different colours for different types of beer, like Doc does.
Here's to Franko :beer:
Eric

Hey Guys,

this is an area that i haven't really excelled in but it's getting to the stage where my beers are getting better
almost good enough to give away as presents. so i'm going to try my best to improve my logo and get some printed off so i can put them on champaign bottles to give away to friends.

here is my original knock off / scan / edit job (sorry emu bitter) from about 5 years ago:

lovepotion.jpg

this was my next catastrophe:

pils_label_test.gif

then i found this post and 'borrowed' (is that the right word?) some of the ideas

HLB_ROUND_LOGO3.jpg

still a Halfass job and i think i'll be using a half horseshoe in the final design

Rob.

Looks alright to me Rob. I'm hoping that's been compressed for the web, because there are some serious jpeg artifacts in there.

Looks alright to me Rob. I'm hoping that's been compressed for the web, because there are some serious jpeg artifacts in there.

50k, 27k & 52k Respectively, is that acceptable?

Rob.

Back