Beer For Xmas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHYPSI

Reaction score
ok this weekend im going to brew up some beer for xmas.

im thinking the Coopers mexican cerveza can of goo, ferment it for a week, then rack onto some raspberries for another week. what yeast is recomended? i can sacrifice a fridge for 2 weeks to get temps low for lager yeast...

or should i use the thomas coopers wheat beer?

if you plan on using lager yeast, you'll need to keep the fridge clear for at least 3 weeks just for primary

ahhh that kinda sucks. what if i use US-05 ale yeast?

yeah, that'd be fine, provided you can keep it around 20 degrees, whats the weather like up that way atm?

ok this weekend im going to brew up some beer for xmas.

im thinking the Coopers mexican cerveza can of goo, ferment it for a week, then rack onto some raspberries for another week. what yeast is recomended? i can sacrifice a fridge for 2 weeks to get temps low for lager yeast...

or should i use the thomas coopers wheat beer?
Go the wheat beer base for a raspberry beer.
Ferment for a week with a wheat or ale yeast. I like wb06 for fruit wheats. Or k97 german ale yeast.
You can also add the raspberries direct to primary and then rack to get the beer off them. That's what I do...

done. ill get the wheat beer can of goo, wb06 yeast, and raspberries in primary. ferment for a week in primary, rack to secondary for a week, bottle. that sound good? how much raspberries would i need?

the general rule for raspberries is about 1kg per 8 litres or so...so about 3kg for a 23 litre batch ought to do it

sweet as. coopers recomend 500g Light Dry Malt and 300g Dextrose for their wheat beer goo. should i add all this aswell? sorry for all the questions haha first time trying fruit.

if that's what they reccomend it'll probably get a good result, but it's really up to you. my only fruit beer experience was all grain and even to that recipe i added a little dextrose.

cool so this will be my recipe:

1 can coopers wheat goo.
500g light dry malt
300g dextrose
3kg Raspberries
WB-06 yeast

all in primary for a week @ 20 deg

rack to secondary for a week

bottle and wait till xmas

enjoy.

hows that sound to you guys?

cool so this will be my recipe:

1 can coopers wheat goo.
500g light dry malt
300g dextrose
3kg Raspberries
WB-06 yeast

all in primary for a week @ 20 deg

rack to secondary for a week

bottle and wait till xmas

enjoy.

hows that sound to you guys?
Good. I don't think you need quite 3kg myself based on the rasberry beers I've tried but it will still probably work. I've tasted some made with 1.5 - 2 and they had enough flavour. Still, depends on how much you like raspberry of course...

Don't add the rasberries to primary until after the fermentation is complete, or at least largely so or else it will strip away a lot of the flavour. Just dump them in once it is done...

sounds good. so do i need to rack to a secondary then if i add the raspberries to primary once fermentations complete? can i just add them and then leave it for another week and then bottle?

sounds good. so do i need to rack to a secondary then if i add the raspberries to primary once fermentations complete? can i just add them and then leave it for another week and then bottle?

i'd add the raspberries in secondary, but thats just my opinion. i've only ever done it with a cider though.

If you add the rasberries in primary, but after fermentation, then that's really the same as secondary, just without an extra racking.

I then rack again to get the beer off the fruit, and chill for a few days to really drop the last bits of fruit pulp and floaties, and then bottle from there.

If you add the rasberries in primary, but after fermentation, then that's really the same as secondary, just without an extra racking.

I then rack again to get the beer off the fruit, and chill for a few days to really drop the last bits of fruit pulp and floaties, and then bottle from there.

do you have to mash up the raspberrys?

2beers

done!

can of coopers wheat goo
500g light dry malt
400g dextrose
wb-06 yeast pitched @ 24, temp coming down to 20

OG 1050

stuck a blow off tube on there instead of the airlock. just incase.

coopers wheat tin and the coopers liquid wheat malt is best, leave the dex and malt for other styles

Back