Beer Cookbook

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made the Chicken & Leek pies last night, although couldn't find Saison <_< . Was going to substitute with a Belgian Blonde but 1st choice doesn't carry, and wasnt too keen to drive back to Dans. Ended up using white wine and evaporated milk for a creamy gravy. All worked out and very tasty anyway. Will try again once I can get my hands on a Saison.

Got the Jerky marinating at the moment so looking forward to that.

Cheers

Sully

Hey Sully could have used a wit beer, a wheat beer or even a chimay - in fact a Stone and Wood Pacicfic ale would have been interesting as would a duvel. Wine and evaporated milk????? Did you make a veloute - flour, butter and stock/beer?

Glad it worked out and sorry you couldnt find the appropriate beer - I have been known to go to 9 stores to find the ingredient I want - obsessive I know but worth the effort I reckon.

Cheers

Got some Pickled Girello for my jerky,not so much fat.make next weekend

Let me know how that goes as I have been considering using that cut myself but havent got around to it yet.

Made the Chicken & Leek pies last night, although couldn't find Saison <_< . Was going to substitute with a Belgian Blonde but 1st choice doesn't carry, and wasnt too keen to drive back to Dans. Ended up using white wine and evaporated milk for a creamy gravy. All worked out and very tasty anyway. Will try again once I can get my hands on a Saison.

Got the Jerky marinating at the moment so looking forward to that.

Cheers

Sully

:icon_offtopic:
You should have dropped into Brasserie D'Hogshead, there is always one on tap - and got a growler full.

Hey Sully could have used a wit beer, a wheat beer or even a chimay - in fact a Stone and Wood Pacicfic ale would have been interesting as would a duvel. Wine and evaporated milk????? Did you make a veloute - flour, butter and stock/beer?

Glad it worked out and sorry you couldnt find the appropriate beer - I have been known to go to 9 stores to find the ingredient I want - obsessive I know but worth the effort I reckon.

Cheers

No need to apologise, I'm disgusted at the lack of variety of beers up my way which can be frustrating. Closest stockist of Bridge Road Saison is apparently at Burleigh which is a bit of a trip. 1st choice Morayfield didn't have any of those substitutes either so went on a different tangent and used what I had. Made the veloute and added a couple of tbspns white wine and 1/2 cup evaporated milk (lower fat than cream for the wife :rolleyes: ) ILO the beer - more like a Vin Blanc. Not the intended recipe but was still enjoyable. I will make it again as intended once I get the Saison (road trip :beerbang: )

Normally I would drive to the other side of Brisbane to find the right ingredient but time wasnt on my side unfortunately. I think obsession comes with the passion for good food.

On a different note the Rosemary Garlic Pizzas were tasty out of the woodfired pizza oven :icon_drool2: .

Cheers

Just been told the book has been sold and will be printed in German and Nowegian - way to go!

yeah second that good work paul,
ive been eyeing off the rib rub so i can bastardise it to be my rub for smoked meats.

Ausgezeichnet. So geht es.
or
Utmerket. S det gr.

You had better get cracking with your dictionary, as its going to take a bit of work
162023.jpg

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Actually it is Germany and Finland! Quite excited!

Yes I am expecting people to come and tell me how their beer rub is better than mine (even though they probably started with mine and then made it their own by adding a pinch of caramel smoked rosemary flowers or such) I would never do that :rolleyes:

I encourage people to take a recipe and change it to make it their own its all about the enjoyment. As long as you buy the book first so I get my royalty payment.

Hey Merc

Once again thanks for signing your book for me today . Cant wait to get into some dishes.

Marty

Hey Merc

Once again thanks for signing your book for me today . Cant wait to get into some dishes.

Marty

No probs Marty - we ended up selling 29 copies of the Beer cook book and 8 of Mercurio's Menu cook book so it was a good day and people likes the scotch ale muffins!

That's great. My father inlaw bought mine for my birthday earlier in the week. I wonder how many have they sold during the week? Great to hear the stock is moving. That must be the nail biter with a new venture.

Absolute ******* that you organized the brewery for Wednesday night. I do three 12 hour night shifts a week and you pick one of them. I'm only two minutes walk from their door .Hope it is as good as dymocks.

Good luck
Marty

Book has been on the market for three weeks now and the publisher has run out of stock!!! It is already in for a reprint. They are reprinting stock for New Zealand, Australia and England.

Some of the chains may be holding on to stock to put out the week before fathers day so keep and eye out.

Making Mornington Wit and apple muffins for the event on Wed, porter and pineapple wood fired wings on the night also and 32 book to sell!

That's great news Merc! Here's hoping my hints have been obvious enough and my missus is organised so I get nice Father's Day surprise!

Hope all goes well for the launch at MP

Cheers SJ

Latest posts

Back