Beer Cookbook

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sold 40 cokbooks at Beervana yesterday going back in today to sell some more.

Met Barls at the little brewery corner and his wife/girlfriend bought him a book!

Met Barls at the little brewery corner and his wife/girlfriend bought him a book!

Congrats mate, good to see it selling well. On my shopping list now too.

Cheers

J

sold 80 over the two days of Beervana! Heading home to Aus to put my feet up and have a beer.

Mornington Peninsula Brewery book event all set for the 24th of this month.

sold 80 over the two days of Beervana! Heading home to Aus to put my feet up and have a beer.

Mornington Peninsula Brewery book event all set for the 24th of this month.

We caught your cooking show on Lifestyle food yesterday too, the Hunter Valley episode. A cracker, very entertaining. Still not sure about those snail and yabbie pies though - eccentric couple running that snail farm.

Cheers

J

Great book Merc! I'll be cooking the BBQ American Style Pork Ribs this week and am looking forward to trying the beer braised sausages and peas (might have to wait until the wife's not pregnant though!).

Cheers

P.S. Did you go to Hashigo Zake cult beer bar while you were in Wellington? It's an awesome bar, wish there was something like that close to home.

BBQ American Style Pork Ribs
I wish I had the book for the weekend just passed just for this recipe. Made ribs with a recipe off the net and whilst they were enjoyable, they weren't fantastic.

Have to wait a few more days and hopefully get a copy for my birthday, if I don't I will buy it myself. Although dropped enough subtle hints to the missus by taping a printout of the front cover to her purse, shoes, handbag, computer screen, forehead, glasses case...

Cheers

Sully

:blink:

Sorry couldn't help myself :lol: Looking forward to getting me a copy, might have to put out some hints for Father's Day

Its my birthday on Friday...still don't have a copy...wonder if I could persuade the sweetie to nab me a copy?!

WOOT, my subtle hints paid off, although it was a good mate of mine who bought it for my birthday and gave it to me this evening. He said he had to do a lot of ringing around to get a copy as it was selling pretty well.

So what to cook first....?

Merc ,
any chance of a Perth book release ??? Little Creatures is a nice little spot ... or Soda at North Beach ...Marion did a feed up there and charged $95 p/h ... surely you could get a similar gig ????

Matt

im flicking through now and thinking what will i cook. had a ball over there and am glad the wife bought me a copy.

Bought the book last friday.
While waiting for a mash on saturday me and my mate quickly ducked out and got the rest of the ingredients to make the chocolate stout brownies we used a home brew choc stout.
They were perfect, next on the menu is the jerky.
cheers Stu

I got mine today! Hanging to try some of the recipes out.

I love Nigella's Guinness Chocolate cake, so the stout brownies look scrumptious! There are *so* many of the recipes I can't wait to get making- this is a really good book. I love how you write like you're talking to friends around a table laden with food and beer. :)

I'm glad I bought it- even at 36 I got 'birthday money' and this was the first thing I bought with some of it! I'd love a signature, but I'll hold onto it till next time you're in the Illawarra- I'd like to have it signed in person :)

Thanks Merc for a great cookbook!

I got mine today! Hanging to try some of the recipes out.

I love Nigella's Guinness Chocolate cake, so the stout brownies look scrumptious! There are *so* many of the recipes I can't wait to get making- this is a really good book. I love how you write like you're talking to friends around a table laden with food and beer. :)

I'm glad I bought it- even at 36 I got 'birthday money' and this was the first thing I bought with some of it! I'd love a signature, but I'll hold onto it till next time you're in the Illawarra- I'd like to have it signed in person :)

Thanks Merc for a great cookbook!

Happy Birthday to you and happy cookinig!

Bought the book last friday.
While waiting for a mash on saturday me and my mate quickly ducked out and got the rest of the ingredients to make the chocolate stout brownies we used a home brew choc stout.
They were perfect, next on the menu is the jerky.
cheers Stu

Look forward to hearing you cook your way through the book. Thanks for the feedback - it is good know not just that you liked the recipe but you had no problems with cooking the recipe as written!

Cheers

Made the Chicken & Leek pies last night, although couldn't find Saison <_< . Was going to substitute with a Belgian Blonde but 1st choice doesn't carry, and wasnt too keen to drive back to Dans. Ended up using white wine and evaporated milk for a creamy gravy. All worked out and very tasty anyway. Will try again once I can get my hands on a Saison.

Got the Jerky marinating at the moment so looking forward to that.

Cheers

Sully

Latest posts

Back