Beer Cookbook

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just emailed the wife with the hard sell for Fathers Day hopefully she'll get the hint and be on the lookout and I'll be a happy man in two weeks time....

Another one to add to the list and library of cookbooks/brewing books.Cook books still out strip the brewing books.
the book i am reading at the moment helps to clarify the pairing of beer and food The Brewmasters Table which is helping with a short course that is being worked on combining an introduction to brewing and pairing food with a bit of hands on in both the brewing and the cooking.This will hopefully make the course more for the general non brewing public that are interested in both beer and food.

nice one Paul

Well done....Paul.. :kooi: are you going to sell in the STATES

Working on getting a distributor there and then I think a tour around the States and Canada for research purposes into the Micro brewery scene for my next book would be a good idea!!!

Anyone noticed the price difference in the book..BigW/Kmart $22..Dymock's $34..

Yeah its the dan murphy/local bottle shop thing. Kmart and Target buy large numbers so get a bigger discount and then sell them at near cost. Just like the little bottle shops the small book sellers have been known to buy the books from Target and sell in their small shop at full retail price. None of it makes sense to me but nor does the whole world going around thing either.

My residual is based on a set price so I dont make any more from it if Dymocks or target sell the book.

I paid $19.84 from Big W.

I've not seen them anywhere else to compare. Though in past experiences its exactly what you said Merc- Kmart etc buy bigger numbers and can drop the price.

It happens in all business I guess.

I finally got a copy for fathers day after dropping many hints :beerbang:

Some great recipes in there Merc's can't wait to start trying some, well done on a good selection :icon_cheers:

Cheers,
Dave

Im still living in hope that I might get this as a belated fathers day present.

Got one today as well for fathers day. I did drop quite a few hints though. Great looking recipes and great instructions. Can't wait to try some out.

Cheers Merc :icon_cheers:

Got one today as well for fathers day. I did drop quite a few hints though. Great looking recipes and great instructions. Can't wait to try some out.

Cheers Merc :icon_cheers:

Thanks Drew - I am surfing AHB drinking a Mornington Pale Ale and eating my home made jerky (recipe in the book) and loving it! I am sure you will too.

Thanks Drew - I am surfing AHB drinking a Mornington Pale Ale and eating my home made jerky (recipe in the book) and loving it! I am sure you will too.

I was never a fan of Jerky to tough for me. But looking at your recipe i'm keen to try it out. Looks like a good snack to make. And i like the looks of the mustard, keen to try that out with some bratwurst.

A copy made its way into my Fathers Day stocking this morning... can't wait to have a play with a few of the recipes...

Nice work Paul!

Andy

Ditto - makes a great Father's Day pressie. Thanks Paul..... oh and SWMBO too :icon_chickcheers:

SWMBO is more beer aware than I give her credit for. Got a copy of this book "from the kids" this morning.

Looking forward to trying out the American-style pork ribs, and the Jalapeno Poppers :beerbang:

Got this book today from wifey (and new 3 week old daughter), only got few pages in and had to dash down to shops for some supplies! Have a batch of jerky currently in the marinade! 3 days hmmm hmmm? Smells bloody awesome already!

Cheers

I got the book also and for dinner last night we had the american ribs, the sweet marinated chicken (both using MY Alt beer in the marinades) and also the Creme Caramels... Oh, and the grilled vege salad with the Wheat Beer Vinegarette....

all I can say is :icon_drool2:

Back