Beer Cookbook

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damm!! you beat me to it!!

How bout a book launch at True South Brewery :beerbang:

Silly thing is it will probably be cheaper to order it from the UK than to walk into a local bookshop and buy it there.

Well to be fair I launched my first cook book at True South!

I hate to say it but you will proabaly find it in Target at 35% off - that is what happened with my first cook book. Wether target will take a beer cookbook I am not sure.

My bottom line is a % of wholesale so where ever you buy it from I will get a cut when it leaves Murdoch - so the more that leave Murdoch the more income for me - all about volume!

Drew - yes I know what you mean and that was my argument....but I lost. Interestingly I have had good feedback about that line - oh well each to their own.

Oh just to be very clear - I recieved no beer sponsorship - the beers I used in the book in fact all the beers I used whilst trialling recipes I bought with my hard earned cash. I would have loved to have included more of the Aussie micro's in the book but I didnt have access to them so I couldnt trial them. There are plenty of Micros out there in Oz and NZ that would be great with the recipes in the book not to mention the gazillion brewed around the world.

Oh just to be very clear - I recieved no beer sponsorship - the beers I used in the book in fact all the beers I used whilst trialling recipes I bought with my hard earned cash.
It's OK Merc - HomeBrew Forum here - we'd be happy for you to admit you made all the beer yourself and that the Coopers 6pack on the cover was only purchased so you could reculture yeast. :icon_chickcheers:

Saddly no home brew used in the making of the cook book either.

How about a recipe to whet our appetite Merc?
'
The pretzel recipe that I put up on this site is in the book as is the Jalapeno Popper and the beef jerky recipes.

I am supposed to be doing the recipes for the next two issues of Beer and Brewer so I will use recipes from my cook book so as to cross promote.

I may put up another recipe closer to release date so as to get your juices going and encourage you to buy the book. :D

'
The pretzel recipe that I put up on this site is in the book as is the Jalapeno Popper and the beef jerky recipes.

I am supposed to be doing the recipes for the next two issues of Beer and Brewer so I will use recipes from my cook book so as to cross promote.

I may put up another recipe closer to release date so as to get your juices going and encourage you to buy the book. :D

Picked up my copy today from Dymocks Burnside. Looks great. :icon_drool2:

Super tempted- I'm not a big beer drinker- but beer and meat is good!

I use to make a lovely beer batter for fish- I stopped making it because I got sick of having to make piles of it when the ex's mates would rock up with their fresh catch!

I'm going to see if my local stores have it- It'd be nice to have a recipe book ready for spring/summer!

Love your work Merc!

Yes I went to my local Dymocks today and there was a shelf full of my book - needless to say I am very excited! Thanks Beachy for buying one already - let me know how it goes.

Margrethe if you buy one you will love it and even better the ex isnt around to make you cook for more people that arent deserving of your attention.

cheers

Aww well thanks!

I'll check out the local bookshops tomorrow for it.

And yeah- the new sweetie is much more worthy of my kitchen efforts!

You can also get it pre-order on fishpond.com.au apparently.

I picked up my copy yesterday too. Got it at Kmart, completely forgot about the book so it was a nice surprise to see it there!

Can't wait to try out the recipes, especially the beer baked beans :icon_drool2: best way to start the day... with beer!

Theres even some vegetarian recipes in there to keep the gf happy

Cheers

SWEET!!! birthday coming up in a fortnight. Its on the wish list.

:beerbang:

should do some signing's..around melbourne..

Doing one at Mornington Dymocks on the 2oth at 3pm and doing the function on the 24th at Mornington Brewery on the 24th - books can be bought and signed on the night and $5 dollar discount from cover price.

Doing one tonight in Auckland but I am guessing you wont be making that one.

Any chance of sending you a book to sign, for those of use that are no where near Melbourne ( or Auckland ) :)

Any chance of sending you a book to sign, for those of use that are no where near Melbourne ( or Auckland ) :)

Yeah ditto on that but it could get out of control lol

Nothing better than cooking with beer and walking to your keggorator with a measuring cup., putting it it under a tap and pouring what you need. :)

This book will save time on the net looking up recipes and happy to support a fellow brewer :)

Think get one for me and one for my brother for his birthday at the end of the month

Thanks for the support guys!!

doing a signing at Beervana in Wellington Friday and Saturday.

MC'ing the NZ beer awards tonight - been here all week, was one of the judges for the awards this year judged the beers Sat/Sun/Mon - 60 beers sat/75 sun/60 Mon.

Great bars here in Wellington - craft brew up to the eye balls!!

Can do if you want to send self addressed stamped padded bag with book to me - I will sign and send back.
pm me.

Latest posts

Back