Beer Cookbook

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, scored this one too. Looking forward to beering up some dishes.

SWMBO said she bought it for me the day before I asked for it!

I got the book also and for dinner last night we had the american ribs, the sweet marinated chicken (both using MY Alt beer in the marinades) and also the Creme Caramels... Oh, and the grilled vege salad with the Wheat Beer Vinegarette....

all I can say is :icon_drool2:

I applaude your commitment and your appetite!!!!

cooked for my dad and dad-in-law...

oh so tasty!

Also got the book for FD, made the caramalized nana's with ice cream for desert :icon_drool2:

Some awesome looking recipes in there, top job Paul

Also got the book for FD, made the caramalized nana's with ice cream for desert :icon_drool2:

Some awesome looking recipes in there, top job Paul

Thanks and Cheers. It looks like volume two is already in the pipeline!

Thanks Paul for keeping us all informed and glad to here it has been such a raging success can't wait to get my hands on it. I'm sure the second one will too.
Also thanks for being such a great ambassador for home brew and the Australian craft brew industry.

Cheers

We had been hanging out to try a few of the recipes out of this book, last night being the first opportunity we did the Meatloaf with Hot and Spicy BBQ sauce :icon_drool2:

I gotta say that is the best meatloaf I have ever had (and my mum makes a mean meatloaf, sorry mum), with plenty of left overs for lunch tomorrow as well :beerbang:

Thanks Paul for the recipes :icon_cheers:

IMG_20110917_193208.jpg

IMG_20110917_192510.jpg

Made the vietnamese salad last night (didn't have enough time for the satay kebabs - next time definitely).
Tasted Awesome, Merc. The wife ended up pulling the bowl over to herself picking away at it, but I managed to save the leftovers for lunch.

The dark Ale lamb beef tagine is :icon_drool2:

Not a massive fan of lamb unless it's a roast so used beef instead

Just received a copy of this for my anniversary. Very much looking forward to giving some of these a crack...

With fresh lamb from my sisters farm only prepared this last night and the cooler weather today, it was the perfect opportunity for trying the Lamb and Beer Curry :icon_drool2:

IMG_20110925_180725.jpg

Just got a copy from friends for my birthday :D It's given me a great excuse to brew more varieties of beer!

Congats on the book mate, it is an absolute winner. The presentation and photography alone are brilliant. Top work :icon_cheers:

Bowie

I am looking into producing the mustard, chutney, bbq sauce and the rib rub commercially and hope that if all goes well I could have them on the market for Xmas. If any one makes them I would welcome any feedback as I can make tweeks to them during the upscaling process of making two jars at home to 600 jars in the commercial kitchen.

I will do two versions of the chutney - mild and hot.

Thinking on calling it - Paul Mercurio's Beerlicious Range - got to work out a label design too.

Hey merc, I intend to try out the mustard tomorrow with some bratwurst and sourkrout. Will let you know how it goes.

Made the mustard and wow it was good. You are right about kick arse, it has some poke when you lick it out of the bowl. All my friends here loved it with bratwurst dogs. I used my oktoberfest beer in it cause that was all i had. But otherwise easy recipe with great results will be making more when i run out of this batch. Cheers!!

Made the mustard and wow it was good. You are right about kick arse, it has some poke when you lick it out of the bowl. All my friends here loved it with bratwurst dogs. I used my oktoberfest beer in it cause that was all i had. But otherwise easy recipe with great results will be making more when i run out of this batch. Cheers!!

Thanks Drew - appreciate the feedback. Did you use an egg in it also and put it over the simmering water...? I do like the kick it gives!!

cheers

Thanks Drew - appreciate the feedback. Did you use an egg in it also and put it over the simmering water...? I do like the kick it gives!!

cheers

I did put it over simmering water for 3 minutes which thickened it up nicely. But due to not knowing how long it will be in my fridge i didn't worry about the egg. I will try some with the egg when i got my oktoberfest party.

Just had some mustard on my sandwich for lunch mmmmmm yumo!!! Defiantly will be making again.

Made the Chicken and Leek Pie. Substituted out the spices and saison for Cajun spice and Brewdog Punk IPA clone. :eek: Turned out fantastic! :icon_drool2: :D

Back