Beer Cellars In Sydneys North West.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70

Le roi est mort..
Reaction score
Can someone direct me to a place not to far afield who sell's a range of imported and local beers?
All we have local is the ubiquitous Dan Murphy's.
Ive head of a few shops around Penrith and up in the mountains but buggered if I can find them.

Can someone direct me to a place not to far afield who sell's a range of imported and local beers?
Ive head of a few shops around Penrith and up in the mountains but buggered if I can find them.

where are you ?

whats the furthest you want to travel ?

Have you tried Platinum Liquor at Concord/North Stratfield?
I'd consider it the best bottleshop in northern Sydney.

Up in the mountains, Leura used to have a good one many moons ago. Website still looks like they're still pretty good in the beer department

http://www.leuracellars.com.au/

+1 (though the Bellevue Hill outlet seems a little better stocked)

definitely some rare beers at platinum, some i thought were just urban myths until i saw them in person at platinum in concord

The Lapstone Hotel in the mountains is pretty good or head to the Illawarra & try Coledale cellars, Thirroul cellars or Figtree cellars. I recently found 3 types of Mort Subite at the Lapo, Rochefort 8 at Figgy & Peche Mortel at Thirroul & Coledale stock heaps of English beers
You could make a day of it & head to Five Islands brewery while you're here

Leura is my local. Well worth visiting, with a good range of beers. Downstairs in the cellar they have a big collection of vintage wine for sale too. 20 vintages of Grange, Henschke etc.
If you are in that neck of the woods, the Carrington Hotel in Katoomba has opened a gourmet deli/bottle shop with a good range of local beers from microbreweries around Australia (and smaller wineries). Nice, but pricey.
And round it off with a visit to Lindsay at the Country Brewer in Katoomba and he will offer you a taste. He could use the business too, I expect, as he is newly opened.
(this is my first post - this is a great forum!)

Leura is my local. Well worth visiting, with a good range of beers. Downstairs in the cellar they have a big collection of vintage wine for sale too. 20 vintages of Grange, Henschke etc.
If you are in that neck of the woods, the Carrington Hotel in Katoomba has opened a gourmet deli/bottle shop with a good range of local beers from microbreweries around Australia (and smaller wineries). Nice, but pricey.
And round it off with a visit to Lindsay at the Country Brewer in Katoomba and he will offer you a taste. He could use the business too, I expect, as he is newly opened.
(this is my first post - this is a great forum!)

Welcome to the forum bystander. there are a few of us around the upper Mountains.
Please contact me if you want to be put in touch with them.

Regards

Graeme

Back