Barons Brewing Co

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdsaint

Reaction score
Loyal Squaddies,

It has been some time since you last heard from your faithful leader, but we at Barons have been hard at work these past few months to bring you some very big news. Heres what weve been up to:

Newsflash

We know how much you love Barons beers, and were excited to announce the addition of two more brands under our wing - Snowy Mountains Brewery and Lucky Beer! Snowy encompasses four different styles, including: Crackenback Pale Ale, Bullocks Pilsner, Razorback Red Ale and Charlottes Hefeweizen. And you probably recognise Lucky - its the infamous Chinese lager in the gorgeous green Buddha bottle! Check out their websites for more information and look for them at Dan Murphys, 1st Choice Liquor, or an independent bottle shop near you!

In other big news, Barons is proud to announce the arrival of our first ever Belgian import, 88 Balls! This brand new, ballsy lager from Belgium is brewed and bottled at Palm Breweries, one of the oldest, biggest and best beer institutions in Europe. 88 Balls is a classic European style lager with a crisp, clean taste and a refreshing finish that leaves you wanting one after another! Well be having a tasting in Sydney soon, so read below for more information!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Barons Website

The Barons Brewing website has a brand new look! Check out the site at www.baronsbrewing.com and let us know what you think! Well keep the site updated with upcoming events, photos of past parties, and lots of fun beer stuff to keep you thirsty for Barons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Squadron Party

Look out Sydney Belgium is invading our shores! Were absolutely thrilled about the arrival of our new import lager, 88 Balls, and wed like to invite our Squaddies to be among the first to try it. Well be sampling the new brew starting at 6pm on Wednesday the 25th of November at The Phoenix Hotel in Woollahra. Please RSVP to [email protected] and make sure to join our Facebook group for more details and updated information!

does this mean they have bought out these brewing companys? I mean I love barons but are they creating their own brew?

Certainly does sound like they have bought them out to me. Barons will keep on keeping on (even got a new multimillion dollar setup recently), and I'm fairly sure the breweries they have aquired will keep on making their own much as they do now, just the head company will have final say on things and probably be able to give better financial support for advertising and the like.

I wouldn't be worried - boingk

maybe cheaper snowy mountains :icon_drool2:

lucky bottle's would be nice for home brew though specially for special occasions!

last time i checked snowy mountains are $50 a case at warners at the bay
how do you rate the pale ale?

I'm quite fond of the Pale Ale and find it is a cut above some of the same-sameness that you find with many other Aussie micro brewed PA's with a bit more complexity and hop aroma/ flavor.

Have tried the red ale (razorback) but not their pale as yet so only $50? I thought it was more, still above what I like to spend I usually grab something around $40-42 then 2 bottles of something I have not tried from warners at the bay...
I recently tried pigs fly pale ale and enjoyed that, and also happy goblin pale ale both were great pales but happy goblin did produce a big head filling my drinking glass which was the only pain!

I was of the opinion that barons never brewed there own beer. They just buy beer of a brewry and then market it and sell it. And as they got bigger they started to buy the brewrys that were making there beer. Correct me if i'm wrong.

The Snowy ountains Pale Ale is a pretty nice beer - I don't have it often but every time I do I surprise myself with how good it is. Gotta love those WATB prices. The real bargain there at the moment is the Brewdog IPA at about $55 a case. Really nice beer.

Back on topic, I've never really had a baron's beer which I enjoyed other that the ESB which is ok. Hopefully they don't ruin SMB.

I was of the opinion that barons never brewed there own beer. They just buy beer of a brewry and then market it and sell it. And as they got bigger they started to buy the brewrys that were making there beer. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Their beer was contract brewed at AIB as far as I know.. Using Barons receipe.

They have built or are now building a brewery for their operation so they will actually brew themselves in the future

Can't remember who told me but I was told the only original Barons beers were their native range whilst the others were some generic recipes they'd picked up somewhere.

maybe cheaper snowy mountains :icon_drool2:

I buy the Razorback Red by the carton at Dan's as the wife loves it! Fifty would be a deal here.
The Crackenback is pretty good as well but I prefer Little Creatures.
And of the Baron's lot, I like the ESB.

Can't remember who told me but I was told the only original Barons beers were their native range whilst the others were some generic recipes they'd picked up somewhere.

Whoever told you is incorrect. Barons' head brewer developed the recipes and works on the Barons brew days at AIB.

Have tried the red ale (razorback) but not their pale as yet so only $50? I thought it was more, still above what I like to spend I usually grab something around $40-42 then 2 bottles of something I have not tried from warners at the bay...
I recently tried pigs fly pale ale and enjoyed that, and also happy goblin pale ale both were great pales but happy goblin did produce a big head filling my drinking glass which was the only pain!

yeah mate it's been down for a little while I think, I used to get a barons pa case each week but now I don't enjoy it much only another 10 bucks for js ipa at 1st choice and I'm loving it, does snowy mtns bottles have the same labels at barons or are they removable?

I have always enjoyed Barons beers.
I even Don their T-shirt at times.
Hey any Job Going?
hehehe

(I've seen heap of Job adds for Blue tongue Brewery owned now by Coca Cola Amatil.)

Back on topic the Beer at Baron are Reasonable main strem in the home brewing world but 10 times better the VB Toheys Swan etc...
My2c worth

The Snowy ountains Pale Ale is a pretty nice beer - I don't have it often but every time I do I surprise myself with how good it is. Gotta love those WATB prices. The real bargain there at the moment is the Brewdog IPA at about $55 a case. Really nice beer.

Back on topic, I've never really had a baron's beer which I enjoyed other that the ESB which is ok. Hopefully they don't ruin SMB.

55 really? What type of ipa?

55 really? What type of ipa?
brewdog is a scottish brewery, but heavily American-influenced. it's good.

from the website:

This 6% trans-atlantic fusion IPA is light golden in colour with tropical fruits and light caramel on the nose. The palate soon becomes assertive and resinous with the New Zealand hops balanced by the biscuit malt. The finish is aggressive and dry with the hops emerging over the warming alcohol.

This fresh, full flavour natural beer is our tribute to the classic IPAs of yester-year. The post modern twist is the addition of amazing fruity hops giving an explosion of tropical fruit flavours and a sharp bitter finish.

ABV:6%
OG:1052
IBU’s:65
Malts:Marris Otter Extra Pale Malt
Hops:Chinook, Ahtanum, Nelson Sauvin
Twist:Hopped with bucket loads of our favourite hops

http://www.brewdog.com/punk_ipa.php

I may be a little cynical, but I have never really liked the concept of the Snowy Mountains range, which other than by name, has no association with the alpine region. Smeaton Grange is a long, long way away - but many people I know have bought the beers assuming they're brewed in the Snowy's.

Latest posts

Back