Barons Brewing Co

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
However, it should be illegal to make a product called "Byron Bay Lager" and not brew it there. That's Misleading, bordering on criminal.

Well the wine party was ruined with this sorta talk, but the Bryon Bay brewery is now open. So now they are 'legit', does it matter that they do not choose to bottle a beer there??

Scotty

Well the wine party was ruined with this sorta talk, but the Bryon Bay brewery is now open. So now they are 'legit', does it matter that they do not choose to bottle a beer there??

Scotty

No, so long as it's labelled appropriately. Which, I believe it is.

And wine appellations are a different beast, imho. That avenue is more in line with whether you can call a koelsch a koelsch or not (or a pilsener for that matter...).

I guess it's best to summarise my opinion on this as such; firstly, I have no problem where a beer is brewed or who by. But secondly and more importantly, I think it ought to be a requirement to declare the brewery of origin on the label.

It's no different from "premium imports" being brewed locally (which, as has been mentioned, are now labelled as such), except I believe some folks here may feel more lenient towards what they consider a craft brewery.

Back