Bargain Of The Week

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought one of the Franziskaner kegs and a 4-pack of Oktoberfest bier. Loved the Hacker-Pschorr, and the others were a bit meh.

Started the Fraziskaner on Sunday night. The beer was foamy, but a bit flat. Not entirely like the tap beer at the Löwenbrãu

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1412300011.163951.jpg

20141003_132006.jpg

Picked up this stainless 43 litre bad boy for $15, hello new boil kettle

Good buy, I thought the 90ltr pot for $90 I just bought was a good deal.

I'm pretty happy with it, it's really good quality. Also the money saved will be put to good use getting other bits and pieces for the brewery :beerbang:

I got one of these eskys from the big green shed for $20 as it was missing a handle on one end. Still has the lugs though so I can tie some rope through to ghetto a handle. Not sure what I'm going to use it for though. Don't need it, just couldn't pass it up...

I bought a six pack of Punk IPA cans at Ascot Vale Dans for $17.90 this afternoon. The ticket on the shelf was for a four pack, so someone fucked up again. As I drink yet more underpriced Punk IPA tonight I will fondly recall the halcyon days of the $4.99 six pack.

Prince Imperial said:
I bought a six pack of Punk IPA cans at Ascot Vale Dans for $17.90 this afternoon. The ticket on the shelf was for a four pack, so someone fucked up again. As I drink yet more underpriced Punk IPA tonight I will fondly recall the halcyon days of the $4.99 six pack.
Anyone tried any other stores for this 'promotional offer' ?

Jus wonderin if it's worth moseying over to the Ringwood branch.

I bought a couple of these from Masters for grain storage, they aren't as robust as the Willow bins but seal better with a clip lid and hold a sack nicely. I've been using them for about a year, not bad value for $12

And they come in pwiddie colours :)

Masters bins.jpg

Bribie G said:
I bought a couple of these from Masters [/url]for grain storage, they aren't as robust as the Willow bins but seal better with a clip lid and hold a sack nicely. I've been using them for about a year, not bad value for $12

And they come in pwiddie colours :)
Can you stack them?

Danwood said:

Sorry, I haven't tried any others. Worth checking IMO

Blind Dog said:
Can you stack them?
Just what I was wondering as well. A few hardware places have similar bins although they have a 'domed' lid which doesn't allow stacking.

Danwood said:

I tried to buy the 6-pack after Christmas from the 'gabba store in Brissy, check out chick picked up on it and would only let me have 4 of the 6

Maybe our Dan's are a lot smarter the Punk cans are all separated on the shelves i.e single cans but still priced at $17.99 for 4. :mellow:

Got a case of Becks on special though on Wednesday for $34.00 though.

:icon_offtopic: Anybody joined the Dan's Rewards Card ? Don't seem to get any discounts on anything at the checkout but do get e-mail notifications on upcoming specials.

They had Brewdog Santa Paws in the Bargain Bin at $9.00 for 4. Quite tasty but not that impressed would not be happy if had paid full price.

I suppose it depends on what is termed bargain, but from where I sit if it didn't come out of the brew budget and it helps brewing, then it's a dead set bargain. So the ball a' chain picked up a 210L freezer for $85, this will soon free up the freezer above the kegs, for yeast splits and Yob specials!!! :kooi:

Latest posts

Back