Ballarat Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't say no to a beer tasting session ;)

See you all on the 4th...

If this is still going ahead on the 4th I hope to be there, have to clear it with the wife first though :icon_cheers:

I've been flat out at work so had no time to organise this. Anyone able to take this on as I won't have the time in the next week. Heard of a simple tasting session that requires each participant to bring a six pack of something different. Doesn't have to be a theme, maybe just something you really like or have wanted to try but never got round to it.

My place is out as a venue. Just to damn small. Wait till the house gets built, then it willbe possible!

ok, this has gone super quiet <_<

I'm out for this weekend, gotta burn snags on saturday at Dahlsens for a work fundraiser then cart dirt for the inlaws on Sunday.

Yeah, I have been shanghaied into picking grapes for my boss this weekend also.

This weekend is no good for me either, kids to look after.

Not this weekend for me either, but any time for the next two weeks after should be good .... gotta love holidays :D

Ballarat Guys,

A while back Gerrard from the Flying Horse put up a post about offering free liquid yeast for homebrewers.

This got me thinking (as I was pouring 25 litres of yeast in the bin the other day) that maybe I could do the same? We do brew a bit sporadically here, but I usually know within a week or so if I will have some available.

If you want to PM me with your interest and contact details (email and/or mobile) then I can just send out a generic email/sms to you all when it's available and what yeast it is. We draw it off from the bottom of the conical.

Sorry guys I can't mail it out, but you can pick it up from my place (in town) if you want. I was thinking of just sterilising some 1 litre bottles to have on hand.

Let me know if you're interested.

We will have a good amount of Wyeast Belgian Abbey and Irish Ale yeast (mixed together) available after tomorrow...

Luke at Otway Estate (my local micro) very generously shared a sample of his yeast with me last week which is hopefully working it's magic on an ESB at present.

Wasabi - Thanks for looking out for us! Without sounding like I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, what strain/s are you using? I'll drop you a PM before I call through Ballarat next time (might be a fair while though).

Kevnlis - what's the mixed strains producing in your drop?

Not sure yet Jimmy, the idea was for a dry, but not overly estery beer. Will hopefully bottle tomorrow and get an idea of how it went.

Without sounding like I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, what strain/s are you using? I'll drop you a PM before I call through Ballarat next time (might be a fair while though).

Hey Jimi, I can understand you're concern.

We mainly brew with Wyeast 1968. However when we do a few guest brews, there are a few different strains of SAF moving through the brewery at the moment. I'll probably have some early next week, I'll find out which SAF it is.

Hey Jimi, I can understand you're concern.

We mainly brew with Wyeast 1968. However when we do a few guest brews, there are a few different strains of SAF moving through the brewery at the moment. I'll probably have some early next week, I'll find out which SAF it is.

Hey Wasabi

My missus will be in Ballarat tomorrow (May 7) from around 11:00. It's late notice I know, but would you have any of that 1968 slurry available sometime around then??

I'll drop you a PM aswell. I'll will assume I haven't given you enough time to check emails or sort out yeast if I don't hear from you.

Cheers

Okay, we've had one get-together, and a second one that fell on its arse (probably too soon after).

I have in my possession a beer faults tasting kit and am happy to share with interested people. I will need to go over the details but I think its designed for 12 participants (or less).

I have no space at my place so....

I'm happy to organise the tasting session but need a place to host it (out of hours at Ballarat Uni or during a brew day perhaps ;) ) and would suggest that I'll buy the beer for the faults tasting (about a slab if 12 are involved) if others are happy to buy different beers to share afterwards and put some nice flavours back on our palate ^_^

Let me know what you think....

Sad news, Roger from the homebrew store has passed away. The shop is closed with a notice from The Courier on the door.

:eek:

Oh, no!! That's terrible! Condolences to the family.

Was only just thinking about them as they have a new ad on TV.

A top bloke too :(

hi, i'm new here, i live in ballarat

yes it's terrible about rodger, he was a top bloke, always happy to chat and offer advice

is there a group in ballarat that still gets together? i do the basic homebrew from the coopers tins but would like to try doing one from scratch but to be quite honost i really don't understand it totally

is there anyone in ballarat (or surrounding areas) that does homebrewing that would let me look over there shoulder and show me how it's done?

hi, i'm new here, i live in ballarat

yes it's terrible about rodger, he was a top bloke, always happy to chat and offer advice

is there a group in ballarat that still gets together? i do the basic homebrew from the coopers tins but would like to try doing one from scratch but to be quite honost i really don't understand it totally

is there anyone in ballarat (or surrounding areas) that does homebrewing that would let me look over there shoulder and show me how it's done?

Dave, yes there are a few of us around, and we are trying to get organised, honest.... I don't do too much homebrewing these days being that I brew at the Uni, but I am trying to get back into it. A 6HL brewhouse doesn't really give me much scope to experiment!

I say we organise another gathering. Maybe not just a beer tasting, but the chance to actually sit down and find out what level everyone is at and where they want to go? If people are interested then I'll find some space in my calendar and organise something.

B.

Yes!! Absolutely. A get together where we bring a sample of ours along?

Count me in. Weekends suit me best now that school is back.

Latest posts

Back