Ballarat Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I generally don't post much on AHB, but if you guys are extending the Ballarat Brewers invite to anyone interested I'll be in that also.

Don't really have any original beers to share at the moment (I'm still pinching other people's recipes). Might have some fresh hops to share in a month or so though, the plants are enjoying the Ballarat summer!

i'd love to get together with you guys and have a chat/beer

i find brewing my own beer very rewarding and enjoyable, but at the same time something i know very little about (i've done about 5 brews)

i would like to learn more but i don't know where to start? that's why i googled 'brewing beer' and stumbled across here

if i can help in organising a get together, then let me know

there's so much usefull info on here, iv'e been glued to the computer screen for 2 days now! i don't quite understand it all yet but i'm keen to learn

OK, I will commit to organising something in Feb. I'll let Averil know so maybe she can pass it on to some non-computer literate or AHB aware brewers.

I shall be in touch!

long time reader, first time poster. Done about 20 allgrains built my own gear, mill etc. Need to expand my knowledge so i would be very keen on a ballarat get together. :)

OK then, lets do it.

I propose either Saturday 20th or Saturday 27th February. We'll take the day that most people can make.

Happy to have it here at my house (I live in East Ballarat). Have fridge, BBQ and shade so we can do it over lunch if people would like.

Lets lock the date in by next Thursday based on prefs. When we meet we can decide how we want to run things...a proper club, meeting frequencies etc etc.

I also have no problem extending it to related hobbies like wine making, ciders, "the darker arts" or even as far as other fermented foods. Lets see what people want.

Once we have a date I'll PM my address to those interested.

B.

well 20th is no good for me (brother's engagement).
The 27th I'm meeting up with a mate in the morning to help him with his bee hives - never done it before so he has offered to show me the ropes. I could be around sometime in the arvo tho, got no idea of time at this stage!

The 20th or the 27th would both be alright for me at this stage

out of town on the 20th have some commitments later on 27th but will be ok for lunch.

Have just been advised that SWMBO will be out on Sunday 21st. Does that suit people any better?

I have no problem with sunday 21st or sunday 28th. And I could arrange any weeknight.

Alright guys, the 21st is just around the corner.

Please PM me if you are interested in getting together and I will give you my address details.

I was thinking 12pm onwards? I'll fire up our BBQ if you want to bring some meat along. Homebrews more than welcome, I'll see what I can dig out.

Lets just make it an opportunity to introduce ourselves to each other, our experience levels and what we expect. We can work it our from there.

I think we need at least 5 to make it worthwhile.

PS: I should have some FREE 1968 liquid yeast available if anyone is interested, we've just finished a brew at Uni.

Back