Ballarat Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakkatoo

The Sneaky Monk
Reaction score
Rather than go down the whole 'lets start a brew club' path (for the moment), I thought I'd start a thread just for those in the Ballarat and surrounding regions to put their name so that if future get togethers / swaps etc are organised, names can be readily accessed. Oh, if anyone is wondering, I'm in Bundy at the moment but moving down to Creswick in December ;)
So if you live in the Ballarat region, stick a post up and we'll see where it goes.

Cheers

Wakkatoo

Rather than go down the whole 'lets start a brew club' path (for the moment), I thought I'd start a thread just for those in the Ballarat and surrounding regions to put their name so that if future get togethers / swaps etc are organised, names can be readily accessed. Oh, if anyone is wondering, I'm in Bundy at the moment but moving down to Creswick in December ;)
So if you live in the Ballarat region, stick a post up and we'll see where it goes.

Cheers

Wakkatoo

I'm surprised the local HBS hasn't organised anything, but I'm sure that they would definately be interested in getting involved. They don't do much in the way of AG, but they keep pretty busy, and they's be keen to support the idea.

PM me when you get here, I'd be interested in helping you.

Yeah that hbs is up there as one of my favs. Had nothing but good experiences there. I made a passing comment to the owner when I was down in late May about some sort of group and he was positive in his response.
Maybe we can do something about more AG stuff ;). Not sure if they are a member on here either...?
Cheers

Yeah that hbs is up there as one of my favs. Had nothing but good experiences there. I made a passing comment to the owner when I was late down in May about some sort of group and he was positive in his response.
Maybe we can do something about more AG stuff ;). Not sure if they are a member on here either...?
Cheers
I remember Roger (hbs) telling me there used to be a brew club here but the organiser moved away and it ceased to exist, I'm sure they'd be keen to get involved if something was to start up again.

I'm more than happy to partake in beer related activities with like minded individuals so the thread sounds like a good idea.

Cheers, Andrew.

I 'd be interested in get togethers / swaps etc. Especially a demo day for AG, given I've only done extract brews.

There are 4 fellow brewers from work, we get together occasionally for taste off's. We do reviews of each other's beers and commercial beers. We currently go under the name BIMBO (Ballarat Inebriated Micro Brewers Organisation), and a cheeky logo to go with the title :lol:

The other's expressed some interest for this thread.

Be good to have a local club for the demo days, swaps, and general knowledge sharing.

Cheers,

Cleverpig

looks like you ballarat troops have a thing goin on , the werribee boys on the other hand are mostly in hiding ..

I'm effectively 1 1/2 hrs drive away but I call through Ballarat a bit. I'd like to know if anything was going on. I'm a bit far away from my fellow MALE brethern now :(

I 'd be interested in get togethers / swaps etc. Especially a demo day for AG, given I've only done extract brews.

There are 4 fellow brewers from work, we get together occasionally for taste off's. We do reviews of each other's beers and commercial beers. We currently go under the name BIMBO (Ballarat Inebriated Micro Brewers Organisation), and a cheeky logo to go with the title :lol:

The other's expressed some interest for this thread.

Be good to have a local club for the demo days, swaps, and general knowledge sharing.

Cheers,

Cleverpig

Might have to organise a meet..and get the MALE's and the BIMBO's together...could turn out to be an ugly weekend!!

BTW wheres the logo??

Jimi im often passin through colac on my way to camperdown , might have to hook up sometime for a brew ...

Might have to organise a meet..and get the MALE's and the BIMBO's together...could turn out to be an ugly weekend!!

BTW wheres the logo??

logo_phpBB.gif

Cheers,

Cleverpig

Great to see!

Cleverpig - been trying to come up with a name - yours is a pisser!! Love it!

I move down in mid december so once I'm moved in and the whole christmas / NYE thingo has gone by I'll organise a meet/ greet / tasting somewhere.

Looks like we might have the beginnings of something people B)

Great to see!

I move down in mid december so once I'm moved in and the whole christmas / NYE thingo has gone by I'll organise a meet/ greet / tasting somewhere.

you sure you will show up???

you sure you will show up???

:icon_offtopic:
Ouch :eek:

Think that's a little harsh given the circumstances for my non-attendance <_< . A wife who's too crook to get out of bed meant someone had to look after the kids!
I did let you know as soon as I knew :( , sorry if its caused any lasting bitterness as I had hoped for another invite. I'm guessing not tho...

Ouch :eek:

I did let you know as soon as I knew :( ,

No you did not, and that is the problem.
We waited an hour before starting, and have never heard a word from you then, or since.

No you did not, and that is the problem.
We waited an hour before starting, and have never heard a word from you then, or since.

Pm was sent 15mins before scheduled start - have re-sent just so you can read the apologetic message I sent on the day. Hadn't contacted you becasue 1) the pm said to let me know for next brew day and 2) I figured after no reply pm a week later that you were a little grumpy at me.

Turns out you were were :(

I apologise that you felt I had simply 'no-showed'. That certainly wasn't the case nor my intention :(

Now that this mini-domestic has been sorted ;) , lets keep this thread on track huh?

Great to see!

I can't take the credit for the name/logo I'll have to give that to kuronai

I thinking to organise something like this, getting Roger from the HBS to advertise might help to get people coming along.

I can't take the credit for the name/logo I'll have to give that to kuronai

I thinking to organise something like this, getting Roger from the HBS to advertise might help to get people coming along.

Hehehe, with a name like BIMBO how could it be anyone but her.

Plenty of blokes would be keen on getting into that... ;)

From what I read in the news, plenty have :lol:

Idea of a Ballarat thing sounds good, I'd be keen for that.

Jimi im often passin through colac on my way to camperdown , might have to hook up sometime for a brew ...

Sounds good

So what's the next step folks?

Apparently I'm the MALE looking to join the BIMBOs :lol:

Latest posts

Back