Australian Amateur Brewing Championship 2007 Summary & Full Result

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks very much Ray..

i am the convenor of the 2008 Tanunda Show - BJCP Event - i hope that i can still have some fun organising this....

;)

Hi
All Certificates and score sheets are completed after 4 nites of sorting, my little helpers are on holidays, bugger. They will be in the mail on Monday. Last day of the year, just made it eh.
Cheers
Ray

Hi
Final results now posted
There are some minor changes to the results since they were last posted in the ibunion site
Cheers
Ray
http://ibunion.org/

Thanks Ray...... A big thanks for all you hard work and personal time sacrificed.

cheers

Hi
All Certificates and score sheets are completed after 4 nites of sorting, my little helpers are on holidays, bugger. They will be in the mail on Monday. Last day of the year, just made it eh.
Cheers
Ray

Please note the following is a request for response to AHB Forum Members and not directly to the AABC organising committee ...

I saw Ray's post above and was hoping that on my return from overseas yesterday that I might be so lucky as to find my judging sheets in the mail. Since I didn't, I'm just curious to know whether other AABC entrants on this forum have received theirs yet or whether Oz Post is just having a bit of an extended New Year's break ??

Prost!!

Please note the following is a request for response to AHB Forum Members and not directly to the AABC organising committee ...

I saw Ray's post above and was hoping that on my return from overseas yesterday that I might be so lucky as to find my judging sheets in the mail. Since I didn't, I'm just curious to know whether other AABC entrants on this forum have received theirs yet or whether Oz Post is just having a bit of an extended New Year's break ??

Prost!!

I have not received mine yet.

CORRECTION, they were in the mail when I got home, thanks to the Judges for the detailed comments.

cheers

Browndog

Got mine today.

After all the rucus and hoo-ha over this comp i only have one thing to suggest for next years comp and if it costs an extra dollar in entry fees that is fine by me.

When i did my engineering diploma, each year the certificate was sent out in an A4 envelope like the results were. The Tafe certificates had a piece of A4 cardboard inside to protect the certicicate and a big sticker on it that said "DO NOT BEND"

This may prevent the under paid disgruntled postman from screwing the envelope up into a strange shape that fitted in my mail box slot :angry: I hate australia post.... they really suck!

Its not your fault Ray :rolleyes: you cant control that but maybe next year this can be looked at ???

Other than that... all good, good score sheet with clear comments on it. Certicicate looks great and will go in a frame, creases and all.

cheers and thanks Ray, judges and crew of hard working helpers.

i've got mine and i'm in WA! some good feedback as well which is what i was really after.

Got mine today.

After all the rucus and hoo-ha over this comp i only have one thing to suggest for next years comp and if it costs an extra dollar in entry fees that is fine by me.

When i did my engineering diploma, each year the certificate was sent out in an A4 envelope like the results were. The Tafe certificates had a piece of A4 cardboard inside to protect the certicicate and a big sticker on it that said "DO NOT BEND"

This may prevent the under paid disgruntled postman from screwing the envelope up into a strange shape that fitted in my mail box slot :angry: I hate australia post.... they really suck!

Its not your fault Ray :rolleyes: you cant control that but maybe next year this can be looked at ???

Other than that... all good, good score sheet with clear comments on it. Certicicate looks great and will go in a frame, creases and all.

cheers and thanks Ray, judges and crew of hard working helpers.
Tony
I can send you the certificate in PDF format, and you can print it out on photo paper yourself, if that helps
Cheers
Ray

Thanks Ray and the organising committee for all your time and effort.

I received my certificate and judging sheets in the post today. Luckily the posty was gentle with them.

The judging sheets were well set out and the comments honest and thoughtfully written. The certificate was well designed and has gone 'straight to the pool room'.

Cheers, poiter.

Got mine today too, thanks judges for the good feedback.

Mine also arrived today. My certificate was intact and looks very nice. I think I have a photo frame that will fit it :)

I will also second the good feedback. I was impressed with not only the amount of feedback in most categories but also the manner in which some of the judges picked up qualities of the beer and also picked things that had occurred in the brewing process or subsequently. As just one example 2 judges mentioned that my stout had probably detoriated slightly / picked up characteristics due to extended bottle conditioning, and my stout was reasonably old by then.

Maybe everyone is used to this level of quality and feedback from judges but I was impressed!

Typical, as soon as I opened my whiney bloody mouth a variant of Murphy's law kicks in and my judging sheets were in the letter box this arvo when I got home. Best thing is there was an error in my lager score and i didn't bomb out as badly as the published results indicated. Didn't make any change to the results but at least I know it wasn't an infected bottle I sent.

Got mine yesterday - thanks Ray and the other organisers for all of their top work!

cheers!

Dan

Latest posts

Back