At Last A Brew Day That Went Well

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon the number 1 thing you can do to make a brew day go smoothly is not to have any beers. I know this is super counter intuitive and very hard to achieve... But I reckon the biggest stuff ups were either caused or magnified by a couple of beers before everything is done.

Never really thought it made much of a difference till it happened to me... Clouded judgement in a tight spot. Hard to think on your feet with a few beers in ya.

Stick with Screwy's advice, wait for the first Hop addition :icon_cheers:

I reckon the number 1 thing you can do to make a brew day go smoothly is not to have any beers. I know this is super counter intuitive and very hard to achieve... But I reckon the biggest stuff ups were either caused or magnified by a couple of beers before everything is done.

Never really thought it made much of a difference till it happened to me... Clouded judgement in a tight spot. Hard to think on your feet with a few beers in ya.

This is abslute blasphemy and I won't stand for it. Every brewer's aim should be to achieve three brews consecutively in a day with first beers no later than dough-in number 1.

Where did I leave my mash paddle?

What's a mash paddle?

Stick with Screwy's advice, wait for the first Hop addition :icon_cheers:

ahh ha!!!... this explains first wort hopping then :icon_drunk:

This is abslute blasphemy and I won't stand for it. Every brewer's aim should be to achieve three brews consecutively in a day with first beers no later than dough-in number 1.

Where did I leave my mash paddle?

What's a mash paddle?

Believe me it's super hard... but worh it

"Wait stuck kettle tap.... wait.... i know what i'll do... grab a bucket let it just flow out splashing everywhere... ohh crap bucket's not big enough... quick tilt kettle full of boiling hot wort back so i can get a new bucket... crap no mor bucket... ok let's just hold the cube under the hole in the kettle.....argggh!!!" :blink:

next morning... "oh look there's my siphon" <_<

Not sure if it exists already, but if it doesn't, a thread titled "when brew days go bad" would be a great one to start...

Now that is something I know about, even without having a beer.
I reckon if I had a couple of beers I could write a book on the subject.

Not sure if it exists already, but if it doesn't, a thread titled "when brew days go bad" would be a great one to start...

There is a thread on brew day disasters or something somewhere. Pretty funny read.

Latest posts

Back