Article: Do home brewers brew in similar ways to the commercials?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't disagree with the article but I don't quite understand how they come to the conclusion.

"Simply put, homebrewed beer and commercially brewed beer start with the same basic ingredients and may taste very similar when poured into a glass, but they arrive at that point by very different paths."

Considering the variety of different home brewing setups commercial brewing processes aren't that different. That doesn't mean it isn't a good article though.

"There is a lot of brewpub equipment that actually grew out of homebrew equipment."

Castlemaine XXXX started with a great big BIAB bag.

Budweiser still do use a giant malt pipe

Edit : not saying they make good beer with it but they still use it

I completely agree with the article. As a "homebrewer" turned professional, it's completely different. I wouldn't go back to homebrewing.

I remember watching Landline a few years back about Little Creatures. Showed inside the mash tun with the mash rakes going....and....an oh so brief shot of the hop-back.

The actual peice was about LCB importing whole hop flowers from the USA and the quarantine around them bringing them in and the whole AQIS thingo

There may or may not be a member on here that "accidently" took some pics of the hopback a few years back when he did a tour. He was told. "son..please do not take photos of that"

As far as I am aware there is no commercial hopback to buy, it has to be purpose built. So not surprising.

Ducatiboy stu said:
I remember watching Landline a few years back about Little Creatures. Showed inside the mash tun with the mash rakes going....and....an oh so brief shot of the hop-back.

The actual peice was about LCB importing whole hop flowers from the USA and the quarantine around them bringing them in and the whole AQIS thingo

There may or may not be a member on here that "accidently" took some pics of the hopback a few years back when he did a tour. He was told. "son..please do not take photos of that"
Well LCB solved that problem with AQIS, they just dont use the signature US Cascade/Chinook hops which made them famous anymore.

Latest posts

Back