Are You Coming To The Ahb Sydney Pub Crawl ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you coming to the AHB Sydney Pub Crawl - Sat April 16 2005 ?

• Absol-bloody-lutely. Will be there with percussion instruments :)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've been a bad boy and am out of browny points :(

• I'm a dis-organised idiot and double booked. Can't come :(

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't take the credit for it Sam. It is Gerard's idea. I just setup the poll

Beers,
Doc

Great idea Gerard!! :beerbang:

Great Poll Doc!! :beer:

I ended up voting for 16th April.

That way we have 2 Oz teams playing each other and an NZ team playing a SA team.

So what I hear you ask - at least that way Doc will need to declare his allegence to at least one of the Oz sides and the rest of us can barrack for the Cats in the other game (if we make it that far):p

And Crusher - SWMBO will prob' be with me as well. That both had a good time last year at Flemington.

Trev

April 16th works for me............so far.
We should have the next 2 beers up & ready at The Mac by then.
23rd is a long weekend, so that stuffs that.
Cheers
Gerard

Trev said:
...barrack for the Cats
[post="49543"][/post]​

You should consider washing your keyboard. Filthy words. Shame I'm not in Sydney anymore.

am said:
Great Poll Doc!! :beer:
[post="49492"][/post]​

Just wait for the next one on the order of pubs to visit :p :beerbang: :party:

Doc

SWMBO will prob' be with me as well.
Aren't U concerned about all these drunk guys ogling the missus. (Not that we would. Brewer respect runs strong, like a barleywine).

Just wait for the next one on the order of pubs to visit

Doc

Doc, I can't wait for the posting frenzy. :beerbang:
I should be able to attend as I have the week off work, on either side of the event.
Just a rude request: does anyone wanna put me up for a cuppla daze and show me how they brew, too? Ooh, I'm a rude man. ;)
But, at least I bottled my Weizen that's been sittin' around to be bottled since Monday. And it tastes quite nice, while still flat and warm. Only had a taste 2nite. Am willing to bring a 6pak 4 anyone who will host me in Sydney for the pub crawl. If pressed, will bring a 6 of Grolsch bottles... :p

Sethule will testify in Sydney (hahaha)

daag :p

It wouldn't let me vote for all of them so I voted for the 16th.

Looks like Saturday April the 16th is the date we should aim for.
By the number of voters in the poll it looks like we should get around a dozen members with some partners thrown in.

With the establishments that have been suggested how does the following route sound ?
Starting with a big steak lunch at the Porterhouse around 12:30-1pm and finishing up at the Australian for Super12/NRL/AFL action.

1. Porterhouse Hotel (cnr Campbell & Riley St, Surrey Hills)
2. MacQuarie Hotel (42 Wentworth St, Sydney (cnr Goulburn Street)
3. The Pumphouse (17 Little Pier St, Darling Harbour)
4. James Squire Brewhouse and Restaraunt (22 The Promenade, King St Wharf)
5. RedOak (201 Clarence St, Sydney)
6. Heritage Belgian Beer Caf (129-135 Harrington St, The Rocks)
7. Lowenbrau Keller (cnr Argyle & Playfair St, The Rocks)
8. Hero of Waterloo (81 Lower Fort Street, The Rocks)
9. The Lord Nelson (19 Kent St, Sydney)
10. The Australian Heritage Hotel (100 Cumberland St, The Rocks)

Beers,
Doc

The proposed route will end in a trail as shown in the attached graphic.
Sorry dialup guys ~400kb.

AHB-SydneyCrawl.jpg

Beers,
Doc

Hey Doc. From about Point 3 onwards, you really need to switch from straight lines to rather wiggly ones if you want it to be realistic.

Apart from the Steak what is the attraction at the Porterhouse? I thought it was a VB fuelled back packers joint?

So how many beers of what size do ppl intend on having at each pub?

As there are quite a few drinking holes but also quite a bit of walking so it should even itself out!

Or will the night be like this :party: ?

Guest Lurker said:
Hey Doc. From about Point 3 onwards, you really need to switch from straight lines to rather wiggly ones if you want it to be realistic.
[post="49959"][/post]​

You might be right.
Would look good on the back of a t-shirt too :lol:

Doc

Yep, Doc let's have some shirts. How much $ each?

I know U wouldn't have suggested if if U weren't keen 2 organise it...

Would love to be there.

Seth

16 & 23 are looking to be out for me, but a T-SHIRT ! yeah, that would be cool. i could just pretend .... :( mmmm just put the map on the back & maybe the ahb logo / url on the front ? good on u doc. not just polls but t-shirts too ;-)
thanks seth

Just done a little investigation into shirts.
Maybe if there were 50 of us (typical minimum order) and we were all the same size (say XL) and would accept the same colour (white) then it would be easy to organise.
However as there will be less than 20 of us, all of different sizes and tastes, and we need them in about 3 weeks, realistically I don't think it is going to happen.

The only way it will happen is if someone is in the promotional clothing business and is willing to do a special deal for us, or I organise it through cafepress.com This will work out a bit expensive and you'll need to order them this week so they arrive from the US in time.

Beers,
Doc

Hey Doc,
If you have 2-3 beers at each watering hole, won't you want a bag and tube as well?

Lets assume schooners (big assumption).
2-3 beers x 10 pubs x 425ml is 8.25 to 12.75 litres!
Thats a good work out for the kidneys!

So maybe instead of shirts, if everybody's going to keep up with you, then a load of catheters, tubes and baggies would be a better move.

Oh, at say $5 per schooner, that's $100-$150!!!

Damn! Enjoy yourself!

Pete

Peter Wadey said:
Lets assume schooners (big assumption).
2-3 beers x 10 pubs x 425ml is 8.25 to 12.75 litres!
:beer: ...or even considering the minimum of 2 middies per venue, that's
2 X 10 X 285ml = 5.7 litres

That's still a hefty workout for kidneys, liver and (what's that bit U don't use much when drinking)..oh yeah, the brain!

...plus the walking, and please remember that public urination is still a crime. :blink:

Helpful hints from Seth :p

It has been a long time since my uni days when we had the annual 30 pub pub crawl.
Then I used to start on a beer at each venue and finish on bourbon at the later venues.
Was a big day but completed un-scathed each year. The train trip home was always the worst part though. No toilets :lol:
In my early post uni days I'd still get together with all my old student mates and we'd do a city (eg. Auckland, Hamilton, Wellinton, Christchurch), and we'd average around 16 pubs, at more leasurily pace.

Remember you have to pace yourself and you are doing it over an exteneded period with food also. So even if we have 2 middy's at each place, that is 20 middy's over say 9 hours, so only a middy around every half hour. Of course the pace could pick up when we hit the Australian and the footy is on the big screen :lol:

Easy.

Beers,
Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back