Arduino Development Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am ashamed to say that mine is just sitting on my desk doing nothing at the moment.

Recieved my bonjuino today, thanks bonj. Now its off to jaycar to buy a soldering iron and put this thing together.

I'm saving my pennies for the BonjPi to come out.

I'm saving my pennies for the BonjPi to come out.
Haha.... not on the horizon! I have no idea about factory assembly... no contacts etc.

I know you need something like a pick and place machine and an easy bake oven :p

hey bonj,

got my bonjuino today looks good

SANY1627.JPG

thanks mate

cheers

hey bonj,

got my bonjuino today looks good

View attachment 56353

thanks mate

cheers

Oooh, the orange is so bright!

Matho, I like how you align your resistors so the colour codes all point the same way.

I just met BreakBeer, who has purchased both of your boards but is still waiting for his BM shield. He's a nice guy so hurry up and get it to him :).

Is it in stock in Australia yet?
element14's site said 307 in stock in the UK warehouse when I ordered. they were gone within hours, so who know whether mine was shipped or not...

Oooh, the orange is so bright!

Matho, I like how you align your resistors so the colour codes all point the same way.

I just met BreakBeer, who has purchased both of your boards but is still waiting for his BM shield. He's a nice guy so hurry up and get it to him :).

mate, just waiting on a few parts to show up then the last lot of 10 would be ready to go out. the relays are coming from the UK and the LCD's are coming from hong kong, I was hoping for them to turn up today but now hopefully next week.

cheers

edit: about the resistors, it's a bit OCD I know

I got the PCB's on friday, soldered it up, put it inside an enclosure and gave it a good run in on the weekend and it works perfectly, very happy, bit of a tight fit inside the tiny enclosure tho!

tumblr_m8wh67CI6d1re5xnco1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m8wh67CI6d1re5xnco2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m8wh67CI6d1re5xnco3_1280.jpg

tumblr_m8wh67CI6d1re5xnco4_1280.jpg

tumblr_m8wh67CI6d1re5xnco5_1280.jpg

tumblr_m8wh67CI6d1re5xnco6_1280.jpg

Cheers Rob.

Not Arduino, but this turned up today:

Raspberry Pi by auvortex, on Flickr

Sweet :D

Got my first RasPi a few weeks ago - you just have to place an order and it will arrive ..... eventually.

Very impressive bit of gear. I have a lot of Linux experience (mainly Redhat Enterprise but I go back as far as SCO ACE) and I got Fedora running very easily. Burn the SD card and on first boot it expanded the root filesystem to take up the full card capacity - very nice.

Since then I have downloaded heaps of stuff with Yum or built from RPM's and source. There were some little minor version conflicts but it wasn't too difficult to work through as there is good support for the ARM platform - all came together nicely.

Very spooky to be running an X client on my pc (using Xming) from this tiny little thing sitting in my wiring closet.

I aim to use it as a web/email frontend to my SPLAT controller over Modbus.

HTH,
Dave

I finally plugged mine in last night - installed Raspbmc base install to the SD card on my laptop, plugged it into the TV and Ethernet, and walked away. Came back after dinner, XBMC was installed & up and running, worked with Samsung TV Remote perfectly via CEC/HDMI. Total investment of time, 10 mins!

Took an additional 30mins of messing around to enable UPnP and then add my NAS to it's sources - but that was more about me not being familiar with XBMC than anything :)

I love it! :)

Received my Bonjuino the other day, Thanks again mate!

I finally plugged mine in last night - installed Raspbmc base install to the SD card on my laptop, plugged it into the TV and Ethernet, and walked away. Came back after dinner, XBMC was installed & up and running, worked with Samsung TV Remote perfectly via CEC/HDMI. Total investment of time, 10 mins!

Took an additional 30mins of messing around to enable UPnP and then add my NAS to it's sources - but that was more about me not being familiar with XBMC than anything :)

I love it! :)
Awesome! I'm having a hard time with mine. Possible SD card issue, possible power supply issue :(

Received my Bonjuino the other day, Thanks again mate!
Awesome! Can't wait to see your finished brewery!

I got my 1-wire temp sensors, but I have no idea which wire is which! The colours are Green, Yellow and Red. I presume the Red wire is +5v, but the other two I'm a bit lost on. Thoughts?

I got my 1-wire temp sensors, but I have no idea which wire is which! The colours are Green, Yellow and Red. I presume the Red wire is +5v, but the other two I'm a bit lost on. Thoughts?
Hmmm edumacated guess: green = GND, yellow = DATA, red = 5V

Can you ask the mob you bought them from?

pretty sure thats correct, I have a few of them to.

Hmmm edumacated guess: green = GND, yellow = DATA, red = 5V

Can you ask the mob you bought them from?

Latest posts

Back