Archive Beer Boutique (brisbane)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first of this year's BABBs American Brown Ale Mash Paddle finalists has been tapped at Archive. Get in and try Angus Rich's Apollo 13, then rate it on Untappd for the People's Choice Award.

There will be a new beer tapped each Monday for the next four weeks. Two kegs of each were brewed, so be sure to get in during the week to try them, as they likely won't make it through to the end of the weekend!

Goin there for my birthday party on Saturday night, among other places. It's becoming somewhat of a regular hangout for me now. It's nice to be able to go to a bar that sells beer I actually enjoy and want to drink!

Colin Wright's Bomber Brown Ale on tap this week. Don't forget to rate it on Untappd. I'll be joining Colin for a few on Friday afternoon.

Tim Rayfield's Swamp Donkey is on this week. I'm hoping to get down to try it tomorrow or Friday after work and Tim will be back in at some point, so keep an eye out.

Anyone else thinking about popping by tonight? I might swing by to try this one... Unfortunately missed the last one but the first one was pretty tasty..

Just got back from lunch at Archive. The Swamp Donkey is very tasty indeed. Well done, Tim! I gave it 4 stars. The brown ale on tap in the next Door bar was awesome too.

Cheers - Snow.

Chuck's Brown is on this week, brewed by some guy :D . I'll be there tonight after 7, Wednesday after 8pm and Friday after 5:30pm. Might see some of you there.

Hey Tallie, how's it tasting? Thinking of heading in there tomorrow for 2-for-1 lunch Wednesday.....

Cheers -Snow.

Snow said:
Hey Tallie, how's it tasting? Thinking of heading in there tomorrow for 2-for-1 lunch Wednesday.....
Cheers -Snow.
I'm very happy with the result. It's not as late hoppy as Tim & Colin's, and it shows a bit of English character as it warms up, but still a firm bitterness there with nice choc/coffee malt to balance. I think it ended up clocking in at 4.5%, so it's sessionable ;)

Just got back. Tasted really good! Finished reasonably dry, which was what I was wanting at the time. It was missing a tad in aroma, so couldn't give it higher than 4 stars..

Good effort though! Gonna be a close finish for the winner methinks...

Cheers - Snow.

All 3 I tried were very good. I missed Colin's.
Personally I couldn't split Angus's and Kris's for my preference. Nothing wrong with Tim's I just preferred the overall balance of those two. 4/5 for both for me.
I'm hoping there'll be some of Kris's left as I didn't have time to really let it warm up.
I thought it had the same start as Angus's, with the bitterness seeming a little harsh while they were still cold.
That faded as soon as they warmed up just a little

Parks said:
Anyone heading in this afternoon?
Dave said he's going in after 4:30 but can't stay long. I'm still aiming to get in around 5:30.

tallie said:
Dave said he's going in after 4:30 but can't stay long. I'm still aiming to get in around 5:30.
I might try to head there. Probably have to leave by 5pm though.

Latest posts

Back