Anyone Tried A Nangus Yet?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Although I'm a bit of a chef and enjoy fine food I still like a Whopper double beef and cheese large fries large coke large onion rings. Up until now the Burgers were definitely better at Hungry Jacks.

But yesterday I tried the new Maccas Angus (two varieties available) which is a surprisingly nice slab of higher quality certified Angus beef in a fairly convincing scottish floured bun with your choice of salad or bacon. Apart from the usual melted pseudocheese I really enjoyed it. In fact I wouldn't even describe it as 'junk food' if you get the salad version. No affiliation.

Gunna have another one today. :)

I, like you, enjoy a slab of greasies from the arches or Hungries. I did give this angus a run last week but did not enjoy it one bit. I went with the one without the salad and I couldn't even finish it. The sauce/relish/whatever it is, was what did it for me. I reckon I will give the other one with 'salad' a go just in case it ends up better. I am not buying it because of the whole ' better than your average burger' idea, but I just like meat so it might be able to provide what some of the others won't. I hope so.

This October will mark the 10 year anniversary of the last time I ate that shit McDonalds passes off as food and I can't see this "little bit fancy" marketing bullshit ending that run.

This October will mark the 10 year anniversary of the last time I ate that shit McDonalds passes off as food and I can't see this "little bit fancy" marketing bullshit ending that run.

that's a little anal isn't it ? excuse the bum pun bum.. :p

btw, had an angus today and it was ok :)

How is not eating food you find to be overpriced garbage being anal?

Methinks someone just wanted to make a bottom joke.

I've tried both, and for me the one with the salad is definitely the tastier of the two.

Butt I think we should be taking this issue more seriously, on the hole.

Butt I think we should be taking this issue more seriously, on the hole.

Sphincter.

But seriously, I tried it, OK, but I'd rather a hungry jacks XXXL burger if I'm looking for a burger to satiate my hunger.

But seriously, I tried it, OK, but I'd rather a hungry jacks XXXL burger if I'm looking for a burger to satiate my hunger.

Nothing beats the hamburger with the lot from the local fish'n'chip joint. They even include beetroot if you ask nice.

McDonald's -> :icon_vomit: Worked there in my teens, and the accumulated scent of "beef" grease still makes me ill just walking by, over 20 years later.

I find the problem with the Aussie snack bar burger is that they

• Stuff around with the meat and put in heaps of seasonings, grated onion, breadcrumbs etc that give it a real cheap rissole flavour
  • Don't flatten the pattie properly so that it is just an ovoid lump in the middle of the bun instead of reaching the edges
  • You have to chew your way through tough bun, lettuce, beetroot, tomato, cucumber until you reach said ovoid which promptly slips out.

They could learn from the USA where you can get spectacular local burgers and they even tried to break into the market here with some Fuddruckers stores about 15 years ago. Now that was a burger :icon_drool2:

Edit: my favourite burger is actually my own creation with the best possible grade of mince and ALDI hamburger buns which would have to be the best on the market. My son is a 6ft 3inch 105K farm worker and he can't finish one :D

Tried an angus burger the other day with the same result i always have from Mcdonalds, hungries and KFC.

I get the urge to eat it and then quickly realise it was not worth it, makes me feel like shit within about half hour of eating it.

Should swear off it but i know i will be back. (damn marketing and sugar addiction)

Kleiny

Bribie don't speak with your mouth full, I can't understand you.

Bribie don't speak with your mouth full, I can't understand you.
Grmmmph frglm mff mff :p

Talking about Bundaberg I used to be a sales rep and many moons ago I was at Sugarland and in those days the side of SL facing Macas over the carpark was all individual shops, before they 'bumped out' that side of the centre, and one shop was a takeaway fish chips and burger place. At 2pm I decided to patronise local business and ordered a works burger. "We don't turn the hot plate on until 4 o'clock". So Maccas got another sale. With the stick in the mud attitude of a lot of mum and dad businesses in those days I suppose they helped Maccas et al to become what they are today. I saw last year that Bundy has a Hungries as well :icon_cheers:

Bribie I would have to agree with you about the general business attitude in bundy about 5% of retailers are good at business the rest are hopeless, Ill get flamed for this but it seems to be a regional Qld thing unfortunately.

I'm not a fan of mcdonalds but it seems in the same ballpark as crown lager to me - McDonald's is a fast food restaurant. Why try and pretend to be 'a little bit fancy'?

Anyway if I want a burger I go to a fish and chip shop and bribieG - I go to the ones that avoid using breadcrumbs.

I'm not ashamed to enjoy McDonald's every now and then. I figure it's best to go all out on the trash and have a triple cheeseburger.

I'm not ashamed to enjoy McDonald's every now and then. I figure it's best to go all out on the trash and have a triple cheeseburger.

But order a 'Diet' coke to cancel it out :lol:

Triple meat and cheese only with 2 extra patties and two extra cheese = WIN!

Dont get me wrong im a fish n chip shop burger fan. But having the convenience of drive through when your five quaters cut hanging out the back window of a taxi just cant be beat.

Had an angus with the lettuce / salad. Not bad still tasted pretty manufactured to me - I would almost go as far as to say more manufactured / frozen section of the supermarket type taste. Im not convinced and certainly not convinced by the price.

I say feck off that poor excuse for a McFeast Deluxe and bring back the McOz

which is a surprisingly nice slab of higher quality certified Angus beef

haha it might be angus but its still angus lips and assholes in that mince.

had one and the onion relish sucks.

other than that i'm with kai - trip cheesey all the way with nug's on the side.

Back