Anyone But Manly!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
please post a pic of your tears princess :lol:

nrl_cheerleaders_37_600x400.jpg

I knew the NRL would rig the semis to ensure at least one Sydney side got into the GF (they need to sell the tickets).

But I didn't think they would go so far to rig the result of the GF - after all the tickets had been sold.

Seriously the first two tries were "dodgy" ref decisions, but I reckon someone was either paying the refs or paying the NRL.

Copied from the other manly thread earlier today at half time.

I was actually going to support the warriors until at the start of the game they played the NZ anthem. Why the **** are they playing the NZ anthem this is not an international, this is the ARL grand final FFS. I like the crowd/supporters doing their haka but why the anthem? It doesn't matter that more than half of the players participating are kiwi's its an australian comp.
The fact that they played both anthems made it an Australia v's New Zealand event, so I gues it's go manly :icon_vomit: yes spewin but it's a top game so far.

Cheers

Manly or N.Z. does it really matter who wins!!!! sorry too many beers........ who won!!! :lol:

Manly or N.Z. does it really matter who wins!!!! sorry too many beers........ who won!!! :lol:

Bloody shame they didn't both self-destruct :lol: but being the great even-handed & fair-minded sportsman that I am (aerial ping-pong aside) I have one last word to say for the NRL 2011 season.

SMASH THOSE BLOODY SILVERTAILS IN 2012 BRONCOS! :beerbang:

TP

PS --- sorry about that InCider. :lol:

Sorry Humulus, there was no justice today as no one worth winning won, but at least the trophy didn't go across the pond, if that's any concillation. :beerbang:

No stone left unturned to ensure a win by a Sydney club & that's not just my opinion.
It's all very bad & sad.

TP

I honestly and naively though the NRL would stop at making sure they won. I assumed they'd make sure they got there, otherwise tickets wouldn't sell, but this is seriously rigged.

Now Locky is retired, I doubt I'll ever watch Rugby League at NRL level again, though I'll possibly watch it at QRL level.

It's just too corrupt.

Goomba

Im not a manly fan but they won, end of story. Warriors played awesome, but just didn't get there. Simple as that

I know less than nothing about the game, but from my TV it was fun to watch. Won some on a bet and i think next year i will try and go to a few games given the mental AFL ticket prices.
Its been one ol long weekend in our house, and a great sport weekend.

Sadly my grand AleFL beer was not ready in time - by about a day ....... or was i saving it for myself :)

From a Parramatta Eels member.

Are you blokes serious? Manly were clearly the best side today. They ran through the Cowboys in week 1. Had a week off before being far too good for the Broncos. Then they were good enough to get to a lead and then defended their arses off in the last 20 minutes when Johnson et al were throwing everything including the kitchen sink at them.

Have another homebrew before you say more stupid things. Manly are deserved premiers, good luck to them.

Can't wait to go again next season.

From a Parramatta Eels member.

Are you blokes serious? Manly were clearly the best side today. They ran through the Cowboys in week 1. Had a week off before being far too good for the Broncos. Then they were good enough to get to a lead and then defended their arses off in the last 20 minutes when Johnson et al were throwing everything including the kitchen sink at them.

Have another homebrew before you say more stupid things. Manly are deserved premiers, good luck to them.

Can't wait to go again next season.

nail on the head Josh :beer:

the rest of it just sounds like sour grapes from a bunch of handbags having a whinge because their team didn't/couldn't make it to the GF.
bring on 2012, NSW to lift the cup and Manly back to back premierships :icon_cheers:

nail on the head Josh :beer:

the rest of it just sounds like sour grapes from a bunch of handbags having a whinge because their team didn't/couldn't make it to the GF.
bring on 2012, NSW to lift the cup and Manly back to back premierships :icon_cheers:

Well said yardy and josh! To the other people who are claiming corruption and match fixing, you are living in fantasy land. Where is ur evidence. Dont simply make outlandish statements without a scrap of evidence to support yourself!

Wankers!!

Go the mighty sea eagles!!

Well said yardy and josh! To the other people who are claiming corruption and match fixing, you are living in fantasy land. Where is ur evidence. Dont simply make outlandish statements without a scrap of evidence to support yourself!

Wankers!!

Go the mighty sea eagles!!

Read the bloody newspapers MattC.
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt!
Dickhead!

TP

Read the bloody newspapers MattC.
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt!
Dickhead!

TP

Newspaper journos and editors have opinions just as we do, difference between them and us is that they can publish their opinion as fact :icon_cheers:

cheers

Newspaper journos and editors have opinions just as we do, difference between them and us is that they can publish their opinion as fact :icon_cheers:

cheers
You forget yardy and MattC, TP lives in SE QLD so his paper is the Courier Mail.
Not only do they try not to let actual journalists near the thing but those they do believe and publish similar sentiments to these posts.
If QLD or a QLD team wins something, it's despite a NSW conspiracy. If they lose, it's because of one...

Latest posts

Back