Any Successful Diets / Eating Plans?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the past two weeks SWMBO and I have started watching and counting what we eat using the weigt watching book and calculaters.
Until 3 years ago I had no problems with weight gain, being an onsite tradie contractor I would work upto 8 weeks straight no days off literally running around jobsites on the end of an airless or sander etc.. and organising workers , doing quotes yada yada. Then I took on my current role as an apprentice teacher/trainer and have packed on 16kg.

Back to the point! I have changed eating habits and light exercise and have droped 3.5 kg in 2 weeks. I get 24 points to consume each day. The food I have kept to around 13/14 points a day but I count a pint of my brew as 2 points and most days are 2 or 3 pints. Beer consumption is down and walking is up.

I enjoy the food I have been eating but I do miss the sausage roll in a roll with butter and bbq sauce followed by the salt encrusted cabana chaser.

Brad

High blood cholesterol levels are most easily prevented by not being obese and by making sensible food choices (good variety of fruit, veg, etc.)

And by making a good choice of parents :lol:

Screwy

Screwy

Workmate used to be a skinny guy with a constant ravenous appetite. He would have weighed 60 kilos and when we went on the road together (Rothmans reps) he had the motels well trained to feed him two main courses. He would eat three big hamburgers for lunch. All that food he was a cholesterol magnet - unbelievable to look at him - doc always had him on massive veg diets etc (no statins in those days). Hope he's ok, haven't seen him since we got made redundant during the Recession We Had to Have.

Bachelor mate of mine on the Island has handsome beer belly, drinks a keg of 5.5% a week, eats bachelor food and has markedly low cholesterol ... loves lard and dripping for REAL taste ! Lucky *******.

lard.jpg

Screwy
:D

I'm sure genetic risk would be preventable too... if those damn hippies would let us do some genetic engineering :ph34r:

Back