Any Other Hobbies?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surfing nothing quite like a beer when your all surfed out
Been there, done that.

jester28 --- You should have done National\Tea Tree at Noosa in the early '60's. Nobody around but us. :super:
Wiped out my two lower discs at Moffats 20-odd years ago but there's still nothing like a beer when you're surfed out or otherwise. :drinks:

Still do my swims (getting shorter lately) & body surf but am getting on a bit.
I like keeping the lawn & gardens up to scratch but main hobby ATM is waiting for the fermentation fridge to empty so I can fill it again. :p
Lots of painting to do soon but $*#& that if I can get away with it?
Any volunteers? :lol:

Edit --- Ride the pushbike & do 3-hour walks as well when avoiding paint jobs or any time for that matter.

petesbrew said:
Does the PC version have latency issues? The PS3 advises you to use analog cables into external speakers/hifi, rather than use the TV speakers. The lag was pretty noticable.
At present I have it running through some Desktop speakers which sounds pretty rubbish. Still gotta set up the sound in that room.
No latency issues with the PC version, but the laptop I use it on is pretty speccy.
I originally bought the Xbox version and I had to buy the analogue cable for the sound for the same reasons.

Brewing is number one these day's, but I also get into playing guitar, writing music, cooking, smoking meat, bbq'ing, studying electrical circuits, reading, mountain biking, hiking, weightlifting and a lot of drinking.

Ducatiboy stu said:
I am looking at fuel injection as well...
......That feeling when you have been passed by a stock looking old morry ute......
Friends of my mums had an old stock standard swb land rover with a 186s Holden motor in it,they would give the young lads a drag at the lights,the looks on the young lads faces was priceless.

That was a pretty common swap. Old Landrovers where all aluminium body and rather light.

TidalPete said:
Been there, done that.

jester28 --- You should have done National\Tea Tree at Noosa in the early '60's. Nobody around but us. :super:
Wiped out my two lower discs at Moffats 20-odd years ago but there's still nothing like a beer when you're surfed out or otherwise. :drinks:

Still do my swims (getting shorter lately) & body surf but am getting on a bit.
I like keeping the lawn & gardens up to scratch but main hobby ATM is waiting for the fermentation fridge to empty so I can fill it again. :p
Lots of painting to do soon but $*#& that if I can get away with it?
Any volunteers? :lol:

Edit --- Ride the pushbike & do 3-hour walks as well when avoiding paint jobs or any time for that matter.
Sounds like the life of rielly Pete.

Been working on this for the past few months. A DIY guitar kit.

Just stock standard at the moment, but once I get some fret buzz fixed and I'm happy with it, I'll upgrade pickups, bridge & nut.

axe1.JPG

axe2.JPG

axe3.JPG

axe4.JPG

Astronomy, but then I live in a unit.
RC planes but then I started studying.
Brewing but then I got married.

Work and a Couple of acres keeps me busy with maintenance, mowing, wandering around admiring my domain with a long neck in hand. Before that, RC planes, playing the organ. They are still there waiting for the current time consumer (brewing: which is also a brain alterer and makes you bad at flying planes and playing organ and doing most things) to go by the way.

BottloBill said:
I like shiney things
I'm not mechanically minded,buy as a bloke that floats my boat ! Ohh,ohh,

I just want the tools to be able to make this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgxDwbDXCBw

As a few of you have posted I'm also into firearms.
I have been flying Rc helicopters for about 20 years along with planes boats and cars, some at club level.
Here's a pic of my latest toy, I'm getting into first person view quad copters.
It's a load of fun strapping on the goggles and getting fully immersed into the flight. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1446629847.744718.jpg

Heard an interview on the radio with a bloke who is into quad copter racing and building,seems its a growing sport.

spog said:
Heard an interview on the radio with a bloke who is into quad copter racing and building,seems its a growing sport.
My theory is the military are covertly promoting the sport along with online first person shooter gaming and closely monitoring the associated comps and social media.
Eventually they will have at their disposal a ready made army of drone pilots controlling swarms of aircraft and gamers kicking in doors in war zones with heavily armed human analog robots that they didn't pay a cent to train.

Dont start me on nano tech..

My other hobby is conspiracy theorisim. And drinking Red Bull.

You have forgotten that none of what you have " theorised" will ever happen, simply because none of them have a licence to test then tag the mains supplied battery charging devices, therefore the devious plot will be null and void simply by failing to comply with OH&S policies.

My other massive hobby is Japanese turbo imports but I have a funny feeling I'm amongst the wrong generation to find like minded souls here :p

Latest posts

Back