Any interest in a brew club to the north of Melbourne?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more the merrier, say I.

I presume the Alehouse is The Alehouse Project, 98-100 Lygon St Brunswick - google says there is no other. (Never been there but it sounds ace.)

I'm spreading the word on facebook and Home Brew Down Under. Any suggestions of people and groups to contact? Cheers!

I'm in Reservoir, and keen.

Not so sure about going to a bar where we're required to predominantly drink craft beer.... isn't this a HOMEBREW club we're wanting to start up? Not a beer appreciation club, with a minor in homebrew... or have I got this wrong?

Maybe keep the Alehouse for social nights out.

Spiesy said:
I'm in Reservoir, and keen.

Not so sure about going to a bar where we're required to predominantly drink craft beer.... isn't this a HOMEBREW club we're wanting to start up? Not a beer appreciation club, with a minor in homebrew... or have I got this wrong?

Maybe keep the Alehouse for social nights out.
Reasonable thought, maybe the first meeting could be used as a bit of a test to gauge interest etc.
If enough people want to participate on a regular basis, then something like a hall etc could be arranged?

I'm up for it! Don't see why we can't enjoy commercial tipples instead. Beer is beer is bread.

Why don't we all bring one bottle, and pass it to the left; bit of a lucky dip?

I'll bring in that 50/50 choc for you, Manticle.

I think the Alehouse is a good place for an initial meet up, and I'm extra keen to try a few of their brews. Agree it's not the best place for a regular meet, hopefully we could hash out some of the details there. The suggestion that we could hold it in a room at a local Brunswick brewer - possibly Thunder Road, possibly Temple Brewery - with access to an already existing brew library is pretty jolly tempting, I've got to say.

Look forward to it :)

Just to clarify a couple of possible misunderstandings:
I was suggesting we meet on Tuesday 7th at the Alehouse Project for an initial face-to-face, to discuss what kind of a club we want, how often we want to meet and where we want to meet. I was not necessarily suggesting the Alehouse as a regular meeting place, nor Tuesdays, the first Tuesday of the month, the year, on full-moons or anything else as the regular meeting date. We can discuss all these things. However I'm not averse to the idea of occasionally visiting the Alehouse, or Atticus Finch, or even Beer Deluxe for that matter, as a means to sample a couple of reference brews.
TimT, thanks again for the enthusiastic support and for setting up the Facebook page. I don't know if we're likely to decide on having an elected committee (and I'm not suggesting this) but if we do, you'll have my vote.
fergthebrewer, thanks very much for your ideas and suggestions based on what the Westgate Brewers do. We'll be sure to consider these ideas, and possibly come up with some better ones. And perhaps one day we may even beat you meet you in future club vs club competitions.
Charst, thanks for the logo. Are there two circles there, or have I overdone it on the last of the 2011 old ale? Appreciate the enthusiasm.
Thanks again, all. Appreciate all the enthusiasm for this.

No good that night for me. Oh well I'm sure you lads will sort something out.

Hi all,

I'm in Reservior, and really keen to get involved. May not make it to the 7th, but will try y best.

Another great social environment, for northern pub trips is the Terminus, in North Fitzroy. One of the best tap lineups in Melbourne.

Kevin Hawley said:
fergthebrewer, thanks very much for your ideas and suggestions based on what the Westgate Brewers do. We'll be sure to consider these ideas, and possibly come up with some better ones. And perhaps one day we may even beat you meet you in future club vs club competitions.
aahh...competition..
That's what we love love at Westgate...was talking to the president at Bayside yesterday and he said he loved it too !
Westgate does have some good things going for it , which your welcome to copy...maybe you'll do some things that we like too...
All the best guys , in setting up your new brewclub/social thing

Hasn't been much activity here for a while. But going by the expressions of interest here, and the numbers on the Facebook event TimT started, I reckon it may be possible to pin the numbers to somewhere between 20 and 30 for the initial meet at the Alehouse. I'll tell them to expect as many.
By the way, I won't know anyone either (unless I know you in another life, but don't know you on this forum), but I'll be the bald, bloke with the tatty beard speaking with the northern pommy accent.

Looking forward to meeting everyone on the 7th, and Happy New Year all.

Latest posts

Back