Anhc 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lock it in Eddie I've got my golden ticket......... can't wait for the oompa loompa tossing and chocolate wrestling at club night.....!!!

I've discovered that the hidden frame they use is rendered too narrow on the three machines I tested. If I select the "I agree" and then tab through, I can get to the Next button... It then pushes the whole lot left and hides the labels on the text boxes.

Full package for me too... had to go next door after a frantic call to Browndog who informed me that there was a "Next" button that wasn't showing up on either of my laptops running Firefox on Linux, OR my Android phone. Next door's Firefox on Linux also didn't show the Next button, so we rebooted into Windows and went straight for IE.

Absolutely rediculous that this wasn't tested on Firefox. Inexcusable. Anyone using Firefox on Windows have this problem too? I want to know if it is an issue the web developers have with Firefox...

Hi Ben,

Sorry to hear you had problems... We actually did test it on Firefox ( I personally ran it on the last two versions on Windows, but not Linux).

Hopefully you're set now?

Cheers!

Andy

Hey Andy,

I'm all set, and hopefully no-one else has this issue. I find it strange that Firefox on Windows doesn't have this issue, but three different Linux boxes I tried all had it.... Given that the codebase for Firefox is the same for all platforms, it is a strange one. All three were Ubuntu, and they have been known to make their own changes, but usually just for branding.

I'm glad to hear you did test on Firefox, and quite frankly, I wouldn't expect rendering to be different across platforms... a strange problem. The three boxes had different monitor aspect ratios too...

Absolutely rediculous that this wasn't tested on Firefox. Inexcusable. Anyone using Firefox on Windows have this problem too? I want to know if it is an issue the web developers have with Firefox...

Lies.. all Lies!!!

3.5.10 here. M$ FTW! :icon_chickcheers:

I understand your stress factor though Bonj. Missing out on ANHC tickets because you prefer to use an open source OS would be painful! haha. :icon_cheers:

Strike one for the masses ! Ben, Stacy e-mailed me to say she has Liam's ticket and thank me very much for reminding her.

-BD

Got my wife's 40th on the 30th Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark !

:icon_cheers:

Paul

Given that the codebase for Firefox is the same for all platforms, it is a strange one. All three were Ubuntu, and they have been known to make their own changes, but usually just for branding.

Probably some differences in the runtime libs. Lots of things that work on windows work differently or not at all on Linux. Personally I think Linux is great as a server but not much chop as I desktop.

I guess Linux is god for something at least. Windows is awful on the desktop and on servers.

Back on topic. I have my tickets, flights and hotel sorted. Can't wait to get there.

Strike one for the masses ! Ben, Stacy e-mailed me to say she has Liam's ticket and thank me very much for reminding her.

-BD

Yeah thanks BD, what would I do with out you. She said it just felt like there was somewhere she was ment to be but couldn't remember where. Thanks to BD crisis avoided.

Cheers mate :beer:

patchanhc.JPG
Good to see PP getting the word out at a forum like this. The data being collated due to the simplicity and repeatability of BIAB should get a great reception here from brewers using any method. Looks like a great place to continue driving the research vehicle that is BIAB. The research aspect has been a bigger factor in PP's obsession over the last five years or so than most brewers realise. ThreeVessel brewers will benefit equally in the long run as the BIABREWER.info research page starts gathering data from like minded people. This will be a great spot to jump start that I reckon.

Donya! :icon_chickcheers: and SPOT!

-BD
Nice one BD! Flights, tickets, transfer to airport and accommodation sorted. All that's left now is the transfer from the airport to the hotel. :icon_chickcheers:

Nice one BD! Flights, tickets, transfer to airport and accommodation sorted. All that's left now is the transfer from the airport to the hotel. :icon_chickcheers:

Just take the Sky Bus. It only costs about $15. Takes you to Southern Cross Station then you transfer onto another shuttle to your hotel if required.

Just take the Sky Bus. It only costs about $15. Takes you to Southern Cross Station then you transfer onto another shuttle to your hotel if required.
Yep, thanks Aaron. That's what we did last time. Worked well.

Ticket confirmed, all sessions and dinners.

Coming back from the US with plenty of ideas for the WSB stand also.

Getting very excited , just had a question about tickets, bought the whole packaqge (f.ck yeah) when they were released, Do we get sent actual tickets closer to the date or should i already have recieved them ?

Getting very excited , just had a question about tickets, bought the whole packaqge (f.ck yeah) when they were released, Do we get sent actual tickets closer to the date or should i already have recieved them ?

No actual tickets are issued. Rock up on the first day, give your name and you get a laminated pass with a lanyard with your name, photo and little boxes at the bottom which designate the different parts of the conference you have paid for within you respective package. Hang that around your neck & all is good.

Full package here also. Can't wait. Even though I live in Melbourne I'm thinking about booking a hotel room for Friday night as the various beers throughtout the day, followed by the beer dinner, followed by club night lead me to being rather hungover & late on Saturday. Yes, lots of great homebrewed beer will also lead to hangovers:)

Yep, thanks Aaron. That's what we did last time. Worked well.
There might be a bunch of us on the same flight. maybe a shared cab would be cheaper....

Cheers - Snow

Latest posts

Back