Allergic to Chlorine, fluoride and tap water in general

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mickiboi said:
Holy crap, you mean there is a town in Australia that is injecting cyanide in to their water supply? How did they sell that to the community they are doing this to? I am travelling around Australia soon and I would really like to bypass this particular town. I mean I am really scared of fluoride but cyanide really scares the crap out me. Did they tell the poor unlucky town folk that it would make their penises grow bigger or something? Or did they call the cyanide by another name and say these are the health benefits of drinking cyanide laced water? What was the population of the town before they started putting cyanide in the water and what is the population of that town now? Did they measure the IQ of this town before they started doing that to their water supply? I'm totally shocked

Do you see how absurd your argument is that cyanide is poison, comparing that to the fluoride treatment of an entire populations water supply. Every scientist in the world will tell you cyanide will kill you, find a better argument. There are more scientists now saying that fluoride is TOXIC than there are saying it is not. If you want fluoride in your water then you should add it your water. It's like second hand cigarette smoke. Just because someone wants to smoke doesn't mean that I should be subjected to the foul smelling stench a smoker creates. It's the same with fluoride mate, why should I be subjected to it just because you want it.

Ask someone from Mildura and the crap they have been through. There will be someone here from there for sure. LMW said they are going to fluoridate the water supply. The entire town jacked up. Of a population around 30,000 they got 27,500 signatures to stop it happening. You know what? It didn't matter they went ahead and did it anyway. The water filter people moved in and every one I know took this company up on their offer of $275 RO system installed. LMW put it and the people took it out at the tap. The people tried and the failed. The 2500 that didn't sign either didn't care, weren't in town or couldn't read or write. What makes you Sydney water are so smart? Wait until they say OH look chlorine is to expensive to use now, we are going to switch to chloramine. I bet you think that would be ok too?

Comparing something known to be poisonous, cyanide, to fluoride that all of Europe and China and India have now stopped using because they know it is, and we still do here so it must be ok, is a pretty piss weak comparison mate. Hell, lots of countries have stopped using chlorine and chloramine and use H2O2 and UV. France to name one. Why? Because its TOXIC and poisonous.

What town has started putting alcohol into their water supply? I want to visit that one.
//

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1441403651.221886.jpg

Everything is toxic

For fatal fluoride toxicity to occur at 1 PPM you need to drink approx an Olympic sized swimming pool in 1 sitting....the H2O will kill you long before the Fl

Ahhhhhhh avoid the dihydrogen monoxide!!!!!!!!

Chemicalzzzzzzz

Ps. If you have a 15 year old relative studying first year chemistry, ask them to explain this stuff to you....

mickiboi said:
Thanks buddy.

Now how interesting is that? Seems that if you look after your teeth correctly fluoride is completely unnecessary. So they only fluoridate water becsuse people are too damn lazy to clean their teeth.

I am waiting for ALDI to open here. When i go somewhere that has one i stock up on their toothpaste.

Klangers

I'm not being defensive. Everyone keeps saying fluoride is safe. Show me one study from a reputable university or institution that says that. I can show you reference after reference from reputable universities, institutions and credentialed academics that says its not and the only defence anyone has come up with here is Sydney water are good at what they do. Great debate.........
Recent meta-analysis
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18584000

Good summation of the pseudo science being thrown around

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/antifluoridation-bad-science/

final warning on the off topic fluoride discussion further posts continuing it will be hidden.
lets get back to the op question.

mickiboi said:
Hi all. I'm new to brewing and I am starting on a Coopers Pale ale kit and going to work my way up to all grain when I get the feel of things, however long that may take. But for the moment I just want to make a beer and keg it and work out what to do. I am a distiller and have been making mashes for a while so now I turn to home brew as an extension of my hobby.

I live in Adelaide and the water here is crap, I can't drink it with out breaking out in a rash and boils that would make a pox ridden hooker look like Miss Universe. I have to drink distilled water, which I add a teaspoon (5ml) of saturated Himalayan sea salt water to every litre I drink. You can't taste it and it makes up for the minerals that the distilled water is deficient in.

So now to my question. I have been told I cant brew in distilled water and I have been told that's BS. Apparently all I need to do is to add calcium sulfate to the water (0.5mg/l) to use with a kit and I have been told I don't need to do anything. What's correct here? If I do need to do something to the distilled water in order to use it, what do I do? I sort of need to work this out now as everything I will do will be done with distilled water.

Thanks in advance
Just go to the West End brewery and fill up your 11L spring water bottles for $2 each.

Problem solved and no need for off topic discussion.

paulyman said:
I'd be less worried about using distiller water in brewing and concentrate on visiting a doctor rather than relying on quack science (Himalayan sea salt). Each to their own I suppose.

Actually if you drink distilled or de-ionised water the lack of ions and negative ions will strip out the positive ions.

Mickiboi in your original post you mention that you've been mashing for a while through distilling.
Never used a still so maybe I'm missing something but can't you just use the same methods to mash in for beer as for stilling? Or does mash have a different meaning for distillers?

Not being facetious I'm genuinely curious why you're playing with kits if you already know your way round a mash tun.
Apologies if my lack of knowledge about stills has led me down a garden path.

Back