• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bribie G said:
The chest freezers are on again, on Wednesday. Mine's coming up 4 years old and hasn't missed a beat.
Would make a pretty good 2 keg kegerator with a collar, but perfect for bulk hop storage and meat.
Any idea if you can fit more then 2 kegs in these chest freezers?

I've already got a 2 tap kegerator but I'm looking to upgrade to a keezer with preferably 4 taps

By the look of it you could probably squeeze three kegs in the deep part & maybe another on the hump if you build a big enough collar

If anyone has one & is using it as a keezer can you please let me know?

Cheers

breakbeer said:
Any idea if you can fit more then 2 kegs in these chest freezers?

I've already got a 2 tap kegerator but I'm looking to upgrade to a keezer with preferably 4 taps

By the look of it you could probably squeeze three kegs in the deep part & maybe another on the hump if you build a big enough collar

If anyone has one & is using it as a keezer can you please let me know?

Cheers
2 kegs on the floor and 2 will fit on the compressor jump if you've got a big enough collar.

I built a 210mm high one that meant I could fit the kegs on the hump, then my freezer s#^t itself :angry:

I swear I heard on the radio that the chest freezers were $199 in QLD

has anyone used one of these for a kegerator? if so, did you install your font through the top or the door?

thanks for any info

I'd be getting the fridge if I knew the internal height, and I'd be bending the freezer thing down. Aldi wouldn't let me inbox one this morning to measure...

A.B. said:
I'd be getting the fridge if I knew the internal height, and I'd be bending the freezer thing down. Aldi wouldn't let me inbox one this morning to measure...
I'll go and measure mine, and report back ASAP.

A.B. said:
The internal height is 728mm, and the depth (from the front edge to the base of the 'hump' where the motor/compressor is housed) is 295mm. Depending on what arrangement you make re the door, you might get a few more mm depth, as the door seal thickness is around 10mm or so.
Aldi fridge_6.jpg

Florian said:
They are solid bottles. They are usually sold in crates including a deposit, land back in those crates after drinking and get carried back to the shop where they were bought to collect the deposit.
The bottles then get inspected and washed etc and get used over and over again, until they eventually fail.

I would not hesitate to use them at home.
For sure. I've already bottled a brew in these and it's nice to have a smaller swingtop in the mix with the 450 to 750ml numbers. For the record I reckon the Flens Pils was the pick of the lot, but none of them made me sad to have to drink them.

I am using a Aldi BBQ I bought second hand, similar to the one pictured,
No complaints from me.
I degreased and cleaned it yesterday, sparkles like a new one.

Many of their hardware offerings are rebadged models. For example the smoker cabinet is a rebadged Hark for $100 less and the vac sealers are rebadged Sunbeams.
I'd bet you could find this BBQ elsewhere if you looked around and it probably has a good track record.

If you are going to buy the BBQ, you might as well get the optional rotisserie kit for extra $30. Spinning chickens are yum.

Back