• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bribie G said:
As reported on the other thread, just kill me now as it couldn't get any better....

attachicon.gif
smoker 3.jpg
Bribie G said:
Thang of beauty, took me a couple of hours to assemble, and currently curing it with a smoke run. I'm now a member of the Smoking Meat sub forum, they let me in.

attachicon.gif
smoker 1.jpg
attachicon.gif
smoker 2.jpg
if i can score aldi smoker on mark down for $100 in a few weeks might grab one....

i'll be stalking the local ones...

the only difference I see between that one and the old one (which I have) is the 2 doors
I'm looking at adding a fibreglass seal around the doors on mine, the smoke leaks around the door pretty badly

Bunnings have some clear silicone that is food surface safe and good to at least 200C. Can;t recall the brand, but it comes in a white tube.

Take the door off the smoker, line the smoker surfaces that make contact with the door with glad wrap. Run a bead of the silicone on the door, reattach door and close it shut against the glad wrap. Let it cure for a few hours, then carefully open the door and peel off the glad wrap. Hey presto! A perfect seal around the door.

peteru said:
Bunnings have some clear silicone that is food surface safe and good to at least 200C. Can;t recall the brand, but it comes in a white tube.

Take the door off the smoker, line the smoker surfaces that make contact with the door with glad wrap. Run a bead of the silicone on the door, reattach door and close it shut against the glad wrap. Let it cure for a few hours, then carefully open the door and peel off the glad wrap. Hey presto! A perfect seal around the door.
Selleys 401

Thanks
They do leak and I'd rather smoke the meat than the neighborhood.

Bribie G said:
Thang of beauty, took me a couple of hours to assemble, and currently curing it with a smoke run. I'm now a member of the Smoking Meat sub forum, they let me in.

attachicon.gif
smoker 1.jpg
attachicon.gif
smoker 2.jpg
Whats the gas consumption rate on one of these bad boys?

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Don't know the rate but a bottle of gas lasts a long time. They have one small round burner and for low and slow cooking you have it turned all the way down.

Sausages definitely come up a treat in them. For oktoberfest I smoked bratwurst from woolies at a medium temp for less than 1 hour a few days before, on the day I put the brats into foil containers and covered in foil, and just put them on the lowest heat in the smoker for a couple of hours to reheat, came out beautifully moist and tender. I think the slow covered reheating helped reverse any toughening of the skin.

The other weekend I did beef shortribs using the 3-2-1 method but chucked in some plain pork thick sausages from the butchers, was asked by our visitors if they were bratwurst.

I've got four gas bottles, two of them are full, from our last place which I heated with a gas room heater in the winter. Here in Kyogle we have a reverse cycle air con jobby so the bottles and the heater are in the shed, I expect the bottles will last me for ages.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
According to Aussie BBQ forum, about 80 hours cooking time out of a 9kg bottle.

Oh no, yet another forum, when will it ever end ???? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Bribie G said:
According to Aussie BBQ forum, about 80 hours cooking time out of a 9kg bottle.

Oh no, yet another forum, when will it ever end ???? :blink: :blink: :blink:
M'eh, that jumped the shark about 6 months ago (like, spooky... )

Try http://smokefireandfood.com instead. Much more lively.

Coming up on June 1st at the Aldi with liquor stores,

karmeliter.jpg

Karmeliter Weißbier is back in the 3L mini keg. Normally I don't like wheats but this is the one that Herman Goering and his mates crave for in Hell. :icon_drool2:

And still only $20 !!!

In the current paper catalogue but not online yet, check in after Wednesday for details.

Would the workbench be resistant to liquid spills or will it disintegrate as soon as it gets a splash? Would it still be structurally OK if left wet overnight?

Latest posts

Back