Alcohol-free Days - Do You Observe Them?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you observe at least two alcohol free days per week?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Most weeks

• Some weeks

• Where's the candy?

• Total voters
After reading this thread with a hangover earlier in the week,I had a hard look at my drinking regime and realised that it had been creeping up stealthily to a level that was probably not good for the ol liver. :blink:

I have decided to make Mon to thursday alc free,and to limit myself to 12 stubbies over the remaining 3 days, ie. 4 aday as a maximum.

This should help the ol liver and digestive system no end.

Trips to grumpys (of course)negate afd's and will be fitted in accordingly. :)

So you mean the kidney parts aren't supposed to ache?
Ah well, I'm used to it now.
I suppose I'll have 4-5 beers and 2-3 glasses of wine every night, sometimes more.
I used to work with an ex-stock agent. He drank a casual 12 stubbies every weeknight, and really went to town on the weekends.
Perspective is a funny thing :/

Well, I am a 21 year old Arts student... that pretty much explains it all, really. I rarely have the alcohol free days, and like it was said earlier, it's mostly because my liver sill start screaming due to the night before's effects.

Having a home brew now- honey beer, nice. Drinking out of a pint glass from PJ O'Briens...

Yay! my first post!

I have about 3 or 4 AFDs per week. Mostly because of work. Days I do drink are usually just a pint or two.

Being on 7 day shift work, when im on arvo, i dont have any beer for 7 days, and when im on night shift, probably 3 days of the 7 i might have a pint. Most nights when i have a beer, its 2 pints max, so at a guess, i'd have 3-4 afd's a week. But on my long roster ( 5 days off ), i can sometimes make up for it!!. No strict regimen, just how it works out.

Well I have the pleasure of being on call for one week every month so that guarentees a bit of a spell for the liver.

I can't see the point in 1 or 2 pints, tasty but no where near enough alcohol to kill off the sad brain cells.

I manage one afd a week with the occasional second day a triumph if I get there. I would like to make it the norm to have two afd's but god damn it I love beer too much!!!

I usually have two to four beers a night (5-6 nights) and some wine.

I usually have 2 to 3 AFD's in a week. No particular days, just some days I don't feel like a beer.

Being that I now have some of the symptoms of pre-diabetes.

Mood Swings.
Irrated skin patch's. - Couple of boils here and there.
Feeling like I need to take a slash without happening to take 1.

I am going from the maybe 1 a week and a couple of days of just 3-4 longnecks.

To strictly Mon to Wed, only a 4 longnecks maximum on Thurs, Fri-Sat not start drinking to 5:30pm-6pm and finish at 11pm, and Sun start 2pm and finish at 6pm.

Will be hard to lay off, but would be harder to give it away altogether and manage diabetes.

hi there Drew C,

Have you had any medical consult about this, as the second symptom your describe woudl genreally not lead me in that direction.

While changing your calcohol consumption patterns might be benficial, you also need to look at your daily water intake, 2-3 litres, and your diet, there are a number of clinically proven dietary regimens that are easily accessed.

My diet is pretty much spot on to be honest like very little fatty foods ect and plenty of fruit + veg + cal + fibre.

I was actually thinking that the mood swings might be to do with my reducing my smokes potency - gone from 8's to 4's(am in the process of giving up)

And lately am drinking probably close to 3-4 litres like you suggest.

Way I look at it is even if I dont have diabetes or any other troubles, the diet I've suggested wont hurt.

And way to petrified to go to the Dr even with my missus on my back about it.

OK,
Well I too would suggest you visit a health professional of some sort, just to make sure everything is ok.

Latest posts

Back